Chapter 1 - Page 2

Day 1

I make it to shop class five minutes early. I sit near the back, away from everyone else. I'm a freshman, aka fresh meat. The seniors that are in here with me could snap me like a twig.

I notice that Jordan is in this class as well. Now I know I'm not alone. We knew each other briefly in first grade. Hopefully he remembers me now. Especially since I now have a romantic attraction towards him.

"Hey, are you new?" A girl with green and black hair asks. "To highschool? Yes," I reply. "Cool," she says, "I've been trying to find someone to hang out with." "How come you couldn't find another person here?" I ask.

"Well, this ass started a rumor about me last year," she replies, "and, since you freshmen don't know about it, I'm trying to form friendships with all of you. Please don't find this creepy."

"Oh, I don't," I assure her, "you're one of the first people that's actually wanted to talk to me today."

"Well, it is only nine am," she says.

"True," I sigh, "my name's Jeydon."

"I'm Shannon," she replies, "ya know, your name sounds familiar."

"It was announced over the loudspeaker when we were going to elementary and middle school together," I say.

"Yeah, but I've heard it this year," she says, "maybe I just read it somewhere."

"Maybe," I say. This is the longest conversation I've had with someone in awhile. Well, someone besides Samm.

"You aren't taken, are you?" She asks.

"No," I reply, "but..I'm not into girls, sorry."

"Oh, I'm not asking to date you. I'm wondering if you want to be a part of the single squad. It's just me so far. Kyle was in it once, but he got with this guy," Shannon explains.

"Oh, I'd be happy to be in it," I say.

"Welcome," she says, "but the second you get with someone, you can't be in it till you're single again. That rule applies to me as well."

"What made you come up with this idea?" I ask.

"Ever since my boyfriend, Tyler and I broke up," she replies, "don't worry, it was mutual."

"Oh," I say. How else was I supposed to reply?

Thankfully, before Shannon can say anything else, the teacher walks in. "The Lord has entered!" A boy shouts dramatically.

"Ahem," the teacher checks the class roster, "Jake, would you like to be the first student to visit the principal this year?" "No," the boy addressed as Jake replies. "Good," the teacher says, "with that being said, I'm Mr. Stanley. I will be your shop teacher. Today, we're going to introduce ourselves. You first." He points to a guy with green hair. He gives me an Irish vibe.

"I'm Jack," he says, "I'm Irish and my favorite color is red." I knew he was Irish! Now I have a Gaydar and a Natdar.

Eventually, it comes to be my turn. "I'm Jeydon," I say, "I have a cat named Mokus." I notice that Jordan was looking at me the whole time I was speaking. Maybe he does remember me!

"Thank you, Jeydon," Mr. Stanley says, "now on to more important matters. This semester, you all must make an analog clock. It must be able to tell time and look representable. I will me putting you in pairs for this assignment."

This could mean I have a chance with Jordan! Maybe not a romantic relationship, but a school partnership is enough for now!

"First two partners; Johnnie and Shannon," Mr. Stanley announces, "second two; Jack and Mark." Mr. Stanley reads off names of kids and puts them in groups. It eventually comes down to just Jordan and I.

"Lastly, Jordan and Jeydon," Mr. Stanley concludes, "I suppose you should discuss plans now and work on the actual project at home. Don't forget that this is due December 15th!"

We have about 3 months to do this. That means 3 months to get closer to Jordan. This seems to be my year. Hopefully it will stay that way...

(A/N: Yeah, the stereotypical, "put the couple in partners for school assignment." Sorry not sorry. Hope you enjoyed this!
:3.)