Chapter 2 - Page 9

Day 2 » Home

"So, are you coming over tonight?" I ask Jordan as he closes his locker. "No, not tonight," he replies, "sorry."

"Oh, it's okay," I assure him, "I have some things to do anyways. Plus, we do have til Christmas." "True," Jordan says, "I really should get going. Stay safe going home." "Will do," I reply, "bye." "Bye," he says and walks away.

"Something wrong?" Shannon asks behind me. "I don't know," I reply, "he just seems so...distant? And eager to get away from me." "Give him awhile. This is only the second day the two of you have reconnected. Maybe it's too much for him," she explains, "plus, he's not the most social person in the world."

"I hope that's all that's wrong," I say. "I'm 99.9% sure it is. I'll see you tomorrow," Shannon says. "See 'ya," I reply. Why is everyone leaving me so quickly?

I ignore the mental question and make my way towards the exit. When I exit the school, I hear strange noises coming from the side of it. Is that what I think it is?

My curiosity gets the best of me and I go investigate it. I walk quietly so the person (or persons) won't be alarmed. When I round the corner, I just see two teenagers making out. One is a boy, one is a girl. Couldn't they have gotten into a car to do that?

With a sigh, I walk away from the duo and in the direction of my house. Things like making out and sex have always been repulsive to me. How can someone find pleasure in pretty much suffocating yourself or having something inside of you?

"Hey, Jey!" Samm yells as she runs towards me, interrupting my thoughts. "Hey," I reply. "Jordan isn't with you today?" She asks. "Nah," I reply, "he has something to do. I assured him that it was okay. How was school for you?"

"Good. What about you?" She replies. "It was fine," I tell her, "but classes were so slow and boring." "Yeah, that's how it'll feel till about winter break. That's when everything moves really fast," she says, "probably because you only get two minutes at your locker instead of five."

"Damn," I gasp, "anyways, I'll see you later. Stay safe, okay?" "Okay," she says, "bye." As she walks away, she gives me a hug. I gladly hug back.

Within minutes, I'm back home. "Hello!" My Mom calls as I step into the door. "Hi," I reply awkwardly. "How was school?" She asks. "It was fine," I tell her, "I need to get to my room. Lots of homework." She nods in understanding and I run off to my room.

"This homework can wait," I say and close my bedroom door. I set my backpack down and go to my computer. I immediately go on YouTube. I look up "devil's choir bvb lyrics." I click on the first video choice and begin humming the song.

"I'll carry on, my darkest desire, when life sings to you through Devil's Choirs, F.E.A.R, won't, steal what burns in you, I'll carry on, away from the fire. My desire, Devil's Choir."

I let the rest of the album - Wretched And Divine: Story of the Wild Ones (Ultimate Edition) - play as I do my homework. It's not as much I led my Mom to believe. Just things from science about atoms and molecules. Is there even a difference?

About twenty minutes later, I'm done with my homework. I glance at the plans Jordan and I have for the clock. I hope he can come over sometime tomorrow or next week so we can complete it. Then, we can use the rest of the time in this assignment to hang out with each other.

If we hang out, I can get close to Jordan again. If I get close to him once again, my wish will come true; my wish to be that "special person" to him.

(A/N: I apologize about the slow updates! School and writer's block sucks!)