Chapter 2 - Page 7

Day 2 » After Class

I look at the clock that is slowly ticking away. There's only five minutes left of class and Jordan still hasn't shown up. What is he telling Mrs. Vinson about? He said he'd only be a little late. I guess being fifty minutes late to class is a little late to him.

I notice the door open. I look and see Jordan. He looks very nervous as he walks into the room. "Jordan, am I correct?" Mr. Stanley asks. "Yes sir," Jordan replies. His voice sounds shaky.

"You only have five minutes of class left," Mr. Stanley says. He then quietly asks, "Is everything taken care of? Do you need some time alone?" Jordan shakes his head (no) and takes his seat. The person sitting beside him and Johnnie look worried.

"We need to talk to him after class," Shannon whispers. "Yeah," I reply, "this could be serious."

"Okay, class. As I said, you have five minutes of class left," Mr. Stanley begins. That means reflection time. He just tells us what we need to focus on and what we should've learned today.

"Remember to turn in your layout sketches of your clocks. The one that is the most unique will get extra credit!" Mr. Stanley finishes. Extra credit? That's what I need.

I turn my paper in. Shannon does as well. Then, we exit the classroom and go to our lockers. I get everything I need for reading and language arts. She gets everything she needs for math. I notice Jordan walk me rather quickly.

"Hey, Jordan!" Shannon yells before he can pass her, "what's wrong?" "Nothing, okay?" He says. "It's obvious something is wrong. I can tell you've been crying. Everyone can. Now, please, tell Jeydon and I what's wrong. We want to help you," she says in a gentler tone.

Jordan looks like a cornered animal. I'm pretty sure he feels that way. "I'll tell you at lunch. Don't worry about me till then," he tells us. We nod in understanding. He then walks away.

"We'll have to wait that long?" I ask Shannon. "I suppose so. If he doesn't tell us at lunch, ask him about it tonight. I'm sure he'll tell you," she replies. "Maybe. We have known each other since first grade," I say.

"Well, I gotta go. Be good," she tells me. "I will," I reply, "don't beat anyone up, okay?" "No promises!" She yells as she walks to Mr. Simmons' class.

I clutch my binder and two textbooks close to my chest. Now, I'm extremely worried about Jordan. He won't tell Shannon and I now. It has to be bad! I hope he's not hurting himself anymore. Maybe he's struggling with his sexuality again? Or bad memories? Or insecurities?

Well, whatever it is, I'll find out about at lunchtime.

(A/N: Sorry if this was bad! I know it's short! I almost forgot to update, XD. Good thing fall break is coming up. That means more updates! I hope you're enjoying this! Bye!)