Chapter 3 - Page 12

Same Day » Home Time

I run to catch up with Shannon. "What took you so long?" She asks. "Mr. Simmons caught me writing the lyrics to "Death is a Party, Invite All Your Friends" by Palaye Royale on my binder," I reply.

Shannon laughs, "Wow. I thought you were the perfect student." "You thought wrong," I reply. She laughs as we begin walking towards the exit.

"Y'know, you're nice," Shannon says, "I'd totally go straight for you. Well, if I actually wanted to." This is a little weird to hear, to be honest. Although, I won't let it bother me.

If you don't act a little gay — or hetero in this case — around your best friend, you're not close enough.

"Cool, I guess," I tell her, "sorry if that offends you! I'm just not used to being told that." "Don't worry. It takes a lot more than that to offend me," she assures me.

"I guess this is where we part ways," Shannon says once we are outside and in front of the school. "Yeah," I reply, "see you tomorrow." "See you, too. Stay safe, kid," she says, causing me to giggle.

She walks off in the direction of her house. I decide not to wait for Samm and/or Jordan. I walk in the direction of mine. I'll just text them and tell them I made it home okay. That is if I do make it home okay.

...

I'm halfway to my house when I get a call. I check the called ID and see that it's Samm. "Yes?" I say after I've answered the phone.

"Where are you?" She asks. There is worry in her voice, "You weren't waiting outside!" "I'm almost home," I tell her, "I'm okay. Chill out." "How can I chill out? You're going to get yourself killed doing this!" She exclaims.

"Killed? By walking home without telling my best friend?" I ask in a doubt filled tone. "Who said I wouldn't be the one killing you?" She asks. "Fair point," I reply, "I'll call you when I get home, okay? I don't need to talk and walk. You know what happened last time."

"Yeah, I do," she giggles, "bye, Jey." "Bye, Samm," I reply and hang up.

Let's just say that last time I talked on the phone and walked, I ran into a pole. Face first. No one asked if I was okay. Samm was laughing so hard that she was crying!

...

I finally arrive at home. I have to unlock the door to enter the house. I make sure to close and lock the door behind me. I take my shoes off and put my backpack by the door.

I decide to go to my room. I go to my desk and turn on my laptop. I go on YouTube. I don't have any homework tonight. I need to kill some time. Something tells me that something big will happen at school tomorrow!

I search for funny cat videos. I soon find one with a cat yelling "hey." Near the end of it, Mokus decides to jump up on my desk and lay across the keyboard.

"No, Moki, no!" I yell. She just meows and gives me an adorable look. I awe and pick her up off of the keyboard. I set her on my lap. She decides to lean up against my stomach as I search for more cat videos.

Soon, she and I have wasted an hour and a half due to cat videos. I hear my notification tone go off. I get my phone out of my pocket. I have a text from Shannon. It says: "I. HAVE. A. GIRLFRIEND. FINALLY."

"Who???" I text back.

"Alex :>" she replies.

"Lucky. Now get me with jordan!" I demand.

"K. Be P A T I E N T . these things take time." She says.

"Yeah. Okay. Bye." I say.

"R U D E. Bye" she texts back.

I'm not really into texting close friends. I like to talk to them face to face. But, if it's an online friend, yeah, I'd rather text them. That's not weird, right?

(A/N: It's been awhile since my last update. I'm sorry! :c.)