Chapter 1 - Page 4

Day 1 » Home

I check my phone again. It's 3:49. Jordan should be done by now! I've been waiting for twenty minutes. I swear, he's doing this on purpose.

"Hey, Jeydon, need a ride home?" Shannon asks.

"Nah," I reply, "I'm waiting for Jordan so we can walk to my house together."

"Cool," she says, "see 'ya tomorrow."

"See 'ya!" I reply.

Then, I see Jordan walking up to me. Samm is trailing behind him. "Ready to go?" I ask Jordan. "Yeah," he replies, "but, the girl behind me wants to know why I'm going home with you. She won't believe me."

"Samm, we just have to work on a project," I tell her, "I'm not, uh, taking him home for something else."

"Okay," she says, "I just have to look out for my Baby Wale!" She gives me a friendly peck on the cheek and walks in the direction of her house.

"You two are close," he says. "Duh," I reply. I can't believe I've gotten this comfortable around Jordan. I figured I'd still be stuttering.

"Let's get to your house," Jordan says, "lead the way!" I smile and take my place in front of him. This will probably be the only time I take the lead in anything we do...

"So, do you live in a nice neighborhood?" Jordan asks. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, there aren't any serial killers or rapists around," I reply, "at least, I hope so." He smiles and giggles. Wait, how can a teenager such as him giggle?

"Don't worry. If there are, I'll save you!" He exclaims playfully. I laugh at his antics. "What is your mental age?" I ask. "Um, about six," he replies. "That's what I thought!" I say with pride.

Our conversation takes a weird turn as we continue to take the twenty minute walk to my house. First, we talk about mental ages. Then video games —where I found out that he is obsessed with Yoshi, and finally, our pets. —He has two Pomeranians!

But that was just the fun part of our conversation.

We also talked about being rejected due to our sexualities and choices. Jordan's story was sad. His dad didn't want anything to do with him after he came out. So, his dad left when he was fourteen. He got so depressed. He loved his father. His father was his idol! But, he left.

Everything got ten times worse. He was teased at school for not having a dad. People always asked him, "Where's your dad?" when they had parent days or if he was asked about his parents.

Eventually, he started harming himself. He couldn't take the emotional pain. He needed to feel it physically. He wore bracelets to hide his scars. He made sure his shirt wouldn't come up to reveal his lower abdomen. He got so paranoid due to this.

I almost started crying when Jordan said he once attempted suicide. But, his Mom stopped him. All he can really remember about that night is how he was going to die and crying in his mother's arms.

Now, he's sixteen. It seems like everyone accepts him now. He seems very happy about being LGBT. (Which I am happy about!)

...

"And, we're here!" I tell Jordan once we arrive at my house. I unlock the door and open it. It's not a surprise to see that they're not home. That's why they're chill with my friends coming over after school —They're not always at home.

"So, about this clock, what style should it be in?" He asks. "How about standard, seen everyday, style?" I ask in reply. "Sounds good. We have till Christmas to get this done. Why don't we just talk about positive stuff?" He asks.

"Let's do it," I reply, "so, how was your school day?"

"It was good," he says, "I met someone...someone that seems very special."

"Who?" I ask, hoping it's me.

"Uh, noone extremely important," he replies, "just another male teen." Uncomfortable tension fills the room. I think I should tell Jordan that I like him. We've known each other since first grade! He should be chill with it.

I look over at him. He looks at me. Our eyes meet, causing me to blush.

"Jeydon," he says.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"That 'someone that seems very special' is very important," he says, "it's you."

I smile, "How?"

"You made me feel happy and confident! And this other feeling that I can't describe," he explains.

"Can you like, demonstrate this feeling?" I ask.

"No, sorry," he replies, "I don't really know how to."

I frown slightly, "Okay. Just tell me whenever you're ready."

"I will," he says, "well, I'll try."

"Trying is better than giving up!" I smile.

It looks like I may have a chance with Jordan...

(A/N: I need to credit OWAatthediscoo for this chapter idea! Thanks, fam! Anyways, some things in this were based on true events. I hope you're liking this! Bye!)