Chapter 4 - Page 14

Later That Day » Lunch

"Okay! Tell me now!" I beg Shannon as I sit down with my tray of fake food. Most of this school's food is fake. It's disgusting and depressing.

"Sorry. I can't. Jordan has to," Shannon replies.

"You're a jerk," I pout.

"But you love me anyways."

Well, she is right. She's my best friend! Of course I love her. She talked to me when no one else would.

"It looks like the single squad will be on hold for awhile," I say.

"Maybe," Shannon replies, "but what makes you think that?"

"Well, Jordan likes someone. I do too. Plus, remember what you said earlier?" I explain.

"Yeah, but it could be something else. Don't be so quick to make assumptions," Shannon replies, "you are going to get hurt doing that."

"Still, I'm keeping my hopes up," I say. I could really hurt and disappoint myself by doing that. Oh well! It's life; everybody hurts and/or bleeds at one point. Despite this fact, Shannon continues to rant.

I drown the rest of Shannon's rant when I see Jordan enter the cafeteria. I bite my lip in anticipation.

"Jeydon? Are you listening?"

I turn around jump slightly and look at Shannon. "What?"

"Of course you weren't," she says.

"Weren't what?"

"You weren't listening to me! Jesus Christ."

I just shrug. "So?"

"I'm through with you!" She says playfully.

"Well, I'm done with you, too," I reply with the same playfulness in my voice.

Jordan joins Shannon and I. "What's up?" I ask him.

"The sky!" Shannon intervenes. I glare at her. She gives me an apologetic smile.

"Uh, nothing," Jordan replies, "well, actually, I have to talk to you later." I nod eagerly like a puppy.

"Great! But why not now?" I ask.

"It's private," he replies. I nod in understanding. Of course asking someone out is [kind of] private! It only really affects the two people who are about to be in a relationship.

"After school?" I ask.

"After school," Jordan replies, "at your house."

"Okay!" I say happily. Now I'm 100% sure Jordan is asking me out. I believe that I'll be able too get the word "yes" out. I believe in myself!

That Night » Jeydon's House

Jordan and I arrive at my house. Luckily, my mom isn't home. I unlock the door and open it. I close it behind Jordan and I. I lead him to my room.

"What do we need to talk about?" I ask as I close my bedroom door.

"Please don't hate me," he replies.

"I could never hate you," I assure him, "don't worry."

"Good," Jordan says, "you know how I've been saying that I like someone! And that they're 'the one?'"

"Yes."

"Do you know who it is?"

I smirk, "Maybe."

"Guess!"

I decide to play dumb. "Kyle!"

"No."

"Johnnie!"

"No! One more try."

"Hmmm... Me?"

Jordan smiles; I notice that he's blushing a little bit, too. "Yes." I smile.

"So, will you be my...boyfriend?" He asks.

"Of course," I reply. Wait till I tell Shannon about this!

(A/N: IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I didn't want to make you guys wait any longer.)

Video Above: Alaska Thunderfuck - Diamond in the Rough (Official Audio)
Video By: Drag Music