The Most Amazing Voice

One year ago
I have continued to sing on the streets and i couldn't be happier. On average I earn about three hundred dollars, if I'm lucky I get five or seven. If it's a slow day my least has been a hundred and fifty. It's been so much better now that I can help Kirstie contribute to our income. She still had no idea that I make the money by singing on the streets, I love music but I'm not ready to tell her that I sing. Talking about my preforming days always brings back the memory of what I have left behind. But it's to late to change the decision that I made. Even if I could I probably would have done the same thing, but if I went any later than I might not have met Kirstie. Then I really would be at a loss.
I need to find another popular place to go and sing. My usual places are great but I want to find a more busy part of town.  I decide on the street corner where Kirstie works, their is so many people. So many rich people that I might just be able to make a lot more cash.
I walk to where she works and find an open space and I start to belt out the song Kiss The Air by Scott Alan. Soon I have an entire crowd that It is all around me and plenty of money in my can. I don't have time for a second song as I get a text from Kirstie telling me to pick up some more socks for both of us. I'm on my way their and since I have tons of money with me, I am able to buy the right socks that will keep us warm and last us a really, really long time. As I approach my home, I see that Kirstie is already their and she's waiting for me. I smile at her and i wave my can over to her showing her all of my earnings for the day. She smiles at me like a proud mom and when she sees the socks she smiles even bigger. That's one of the perks of living on the streets, everything you get is special because you never know when your gonna have the opportunity to get it again. We put our socks away and she she looks really excited to tell me something.
"Mitch!!! You will not believe what i listened to today!" And there it is.
"What?"
"Literally an angel! The most amazing singer I have ever heard was sitting on our street corner singing for his life! It was the most amazing thing I have ever heard! Look!" She shows me a video and her singer and well, let's just say it's me but she couldn't see my face from where she is standing. She keeps playing the song that I'm singing, god how I love it. As she continues to listen she is moved to tears. I guess I really do have a powerful affect on people. I have to tell her. I can't not tell her.
"I asked around and everyone told me that he sings in different places around town just to earn the money for an apartment. Mitch we have to find this guy! We have to meet him! He would fit with us so well!" I know I do, thanks Kirstie. I don't even know whether to just come out and say it or lead up to it. I think I'm just gonna lead up to it.
"Hey Kirst, have you ever sung before? Or tried to sing?"
"No singing isn't really my thing, I love to listen to it though. I love to here talented voices come to life. Do you sing Mitch?" Oh that dreaded question, I guess I have to tell her more about my past.
"I used to."
"What do you mean you used to?"
"A long time ago, I used to sing so much. I guess people thought I was headed for the big time. But that could never ever happen, Scott and I were supposed to become a duo. I even wrote a song but he'll never get to here it."
"I want to here it."
"Wait what?"
"I want to here you sing! Then maybe you and that guy can sing together just like you and Scott. We really need to find this guy."
"You really want me to sing?" She nods excitedly as I brace myself for what's coming next. I can do this, I can do this.
I open up my mouth and I get ready to sing.