Crashing Down

*one year later*
I have never sang so much in my entire life, like I need sleep and vocal rest. Tour has been absolutely amazing, European boys are hot as fuck. No long term relationships though, that just isn't how i role anymore. We added a few more shows in China and Japan, if we hadn't I would have been home a month ago. But it's been worth it, the only thing I regret is not talking to Kirstie as much. We talked about once a week once tour started. I was just so busy I didn't have time for anything else. But everything is going to be normal again once I arrive back in New York. I have one more show, it's for some school in Texas that's taking a trip to New York. I'm not worried about it though, I finally got all the piercings that I wanted and no one even suspects it's me anymore. Not that they did In the first place. The flight from Japan is actually taking me to Arlington and then in the morning back to New York. I'm probably going to walk around a little and see if I'm still a memory or completely forgotten.
My plane lands in Texas and I immediately check into the hotel and freshen up. It's about two in the afternoon and I'm ready to go explore. Oddly enough the jet lag didn't kick in. I have decided to spend the day by myself, don't get me wrong, I love everyone that's been with me on tour, but nobody knows that I originate from Texas and I'm kinda dead in this state.
I start to walk around and I find myself going into all the alleys I have been beat up in, they are deserted. It's almost as if nothing ever happened, when in reality so much had.
It took a lot of mental convincing but I managed to get myself to walk past my house. Looking and walking down my old street brought back so many emotions. So many emotions that I never want to feel again. I can't ever let myself. I'm currently stopped in front of my old house, so many memories, so much time spent, so much pain in one room. I know that I am taking a risk by being here but in all honesty it's worth it. This is the closure that I needed after being on the run from here for years. It's all good though, it was until my dad opened the door.
"What's a pop star like you doing in a town like this?"
"Oh, I'm sorry sir. I'm here because I have a flight to catch back to New York tomorrow." Don't recognize me dad, please don't recognize me. He looks taken aback for a minute, like he recognizes my voice.
"Is something wrong sir?"
"No, you just sound like, well someone I used to know. You even look like him a little, minus the tattoos and piercings." I knew they were a good idea! Never been more proud of myself.
"Well I hope the memories I bring back aren't to painful. You know I grew up in a house just like this when I was younger."
"Did ya now? It's nice to see someone as famous as you is still able to stay grounded to his roots. Say son, you probably haven't had a real home cooked meal in a while. Would you like to come in and eat with my family and I? Theirs a real great boy who joins us every other day for dinner. His names Scott Hoying, such a great kid. He really helped us when we lost our son, he suffered worse then us but we've all moved on. That's who you remind me of if you didn't realize. So what do you say? Do you want to join us?"
"I would love to, but I have a meeting to attend. Thank you so much for the invite mr. Grassi!"
"How'd you know my last name kid?"
"It's in the mailbox. Have a great evening." It's taking all the strength I have left inside of me, not to breakdown into tears. I never. Ever in a million years thought that I would get to talk to my father again. I guess that's just one of the perks of fame. The only downside is that he'll never really get to know who I am.
I get back into my hotel room and immediately break down into a fit of sobs. I just want to go home and forget about this place once again. The worst part is, the only person who knows anything about my past life is Kirstie and it's not like I can call her. You never know who's listening so I guess I'm just fucked.
I eventually fall asleep after crying my eyes out half the night. It's all good though. Cause now I'm ara the airport ready to go home! Here's the thing, normally all of us, me and the crew and management all get first class seats so we don't have to worry about the mess of second class. But since we ended up booking so late we were short one ticket so one of us was going to have to sit in second class. I offered because that wasn't a big deal for me, even getting to be on a plane is a luxury for me. I think I appreciate things more because I've been homeless for so long. So I insisted that I take second class seats and everyone was okay with it, after I told them that they couldn't change my mind. The I only problem is, the Texas school field trip is flying to New York today also. Well looks like I'll get to meet the kids I'm performing for.
I bored the plane and end up sitting next to one of my former tormentors. He won't talk to me though, I'm in cover up, no one knows who i am. Hopefully in both ways, I don't want to be recognized as the famous Mitch but I also don't want to be recognized as formerly dead Mitch. Both of these are bad options.
I basically huddle myself up in my blanket and I don't talk to any of them, to scared to see if they'll find out. But soon enough the plane ride has come to an end, it dawns on me then that if one of my tormentors is on this trip, then I'm performing for my old school. My old school where Scott currently goes. I'm thinking to deeply into this, they won't recognize me. I took of my disguise and I don't look like the same Mitch I did all those years ago. That Mitch is long gone. I'm frozen in place and unable to move my body, feeling a panic attack start when someone bumps into me and sends me toppling to the floor. Along with himself.
"Ow!"
"Geez I'm really sorry, I am such a klutz. Let me help you with your, hey. Don't I know you fro somewhere?"
"Sorry sir I don't think so. I am Mitch Colby if that sparks anything."
"I almost killed a pop star. I am so so so sorry! But that's not why I know you from."
"Then I don't know what your talking about. I'm sorry but I have to go." I grab all my stuff and calmly walk away. I have no idea who that was but I don't really care either. I see Kirstie and I immediately drop all my bags and run into her arms.
"I've missed you so much Kitten."
"I missed you too Mitchie."
"It feels so great to be back here now. I've missed New York and after this concert you and I can relax and talk over coffee every morning like we used to."
"Yay! I'm so happy to finally have you have you back I-" I stopped listening, only because I looked over my shoulder and the man that I ran into was staring at me. He looks over at me with a quizzical expression on his face. Like he's trying to piece together the last few parts. When he gives up and turns away I analyze his appearance. His sharp jaw line, his scruff, his latest tattoo, his hair, his friends that look oddly familiar. Everything about him screams. Scott.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
"Holy shit! Kirstie we gotta leave, right fucking now!"
"Calm down Mitch. We're in no rush."
"Oh yes we fucking are! Come on we need to go NOW!" I take her arm and I begin to pull her away with me, but since she doesn't understand why I'm pulling her. So refuses to move, so not the time to be stubborn Kirstie so not the time.
"Why?! What is soooo importar that we have to leave this second, queen Mitch." Wow what did I do to deserve that?
"You think that just because you left for a year and are really famous that you could just boss me around and everything is at your beck and call?! Hell no!"
"Kirstie that's not it at all!"
"Then what is it?"
"You see the tall blond over their? The one I just ran into? Well listen closely, that is Scott. Scott fucking Hoying, you know the one I never thought I'd see again? Yeah that's the one!" She seems to understand exactly what I'm saying because se grabs some of my bags and we both sprint out to the car.
By the time we get their I can't breathe. I seriously can't even fathom what just happened. I feel panic rising in my theist as I start to flip out. Slowly sliding into a panic attack.
"No! No! No! He can't be here! This is gonna ruin everything. He broke my heart and now he's gonna destroy my career!" I begin crying because their just isn't anything I can do about it. He's here, I'm gonna have to talk to him because he's going to be at my concert. I know what's about to happen and the thought of it terrifies me. I am gonna be found out and everything I have created in my own is going to come crashing down.