Falter

I limp my way to the car crying out in pain with every step and every small movement, i am cut, i'm bruised, and i'm in so much pain i'm seeing spots. How the hell am i supposed to go back to the apartment and face Kirstie looking like this? She even warned me, damn my trust in that bastard. I just can't process this information right now, not alone i can't think this through alone. Who know what i'll do?
I probably shouldn't even be driving, but i don't know what else to do. Kirstie has my son right now and there is no way that i want either of them coming here. I can't put them in any danger, it's bad enough that i put myself through it.
I am able to limp my way to the car, barely making it before puking all over the ground. I don't even want to look and see what i just let out of my stomach. I am very aware of the metallic taste in my mouth. It's blood. Perfect.
I manage to drive my way to the apartment, very cautiously might i add. I didn't throw up the entire ride and i was almost completely positive that i got it our of my system. Newsflash it wasn't, i managed to puke my guts out at least four times before my making my way up to the apartment.
I used my key, my hands shaking like crazy to try and open the door. After a huge struggle i manage to open the door before collapsing at the entry.

"Daddy?!" Rogan screams, his voice frantic the minute he sees me. I don't blame him, i probably look like shit. I totally feel like it. I hear him leave the room onl to run back with Kirstie, pulling her arm to me.

"Mitch?! What happened to you?!"

"Take a wild guess, his names has for letters in it."

"I can't believe Alex would do something like that."

"Wasn't.......Alex." That was all i was able to get out.

"SCOTT DID THIS? Mitch thought you said-" i immediately got up off the floor and started sprinting away. It's not that i didn't want to hear the i told you so speech cause i complete and totally deserved it, i just didn't want to vomit on her floor.
I reached the trash can and immediately wretch into it, actually getting a good look at it. Yep blood. Scott did this to me, and i am way worse off than i was before.

"Mitch you have to go to the hospital, this isn't normal behavior."

"No! No K-K-Kit, it's fine. I'll be fine, just help me get to the couch and get me a glass of water." she obeys my command and we get to the couch, almost immediately losing consciousness as soon as i hit the couch. My head has been pounding and i think i deserve a little bit of recharge. Just as i'm about gone i hear a small whimper coming from none other than my small child.
"Hey bubba, whats wrong?"

"Daddy hurt?"

"No baby, daddies okay."

"Nuh uh." i see his lip quiver and his eyes water. I grab his little waist and pull him next to me, so that way i'm cuddling him. My beautiful little baby, i don't want to bring him into all of my drama he doesn't deserve that.  We fall asleep on the couch next to each other, trying to ignore every pain.
I wake up to the sound of yelling, yelling at the front door. Who the hell is yelling at a time like this? What's going on?

"Kit? What's going on? Who's at the door?"

"You don't wanna know. I said get the hell off my doorstep! Why are you still here?" she says to the person at the door, she clearly handling the situation so i should probably stay out of it.  That is until i see that things are seriously starting to get out of hand. There voices raise, waking up Rogan who begins to scream bloody murder. I grab him and rock him until he's okay.

"Listen Kit it really doesn't sound like you have everything covered." i say as i start to get up but she immediately yells for me to sit down and be quiet and i do, at least until i hear a voice.