Emotional

One year ago
I can't sing the sting that I wrote I'm just not ready, like the words will not come out of my mouth and I just can't force them too. It's not my time to sing that sing yet, it's a duet and it was supposed to be with me and that man I still think about everyday. I'm almost ready to cry and I haven't even gotten one word out. I stare at te ground and I sigh in defeat.
"I'm sorry Kirstie I just can't sing this sing yet. It isn't my time." She reaches out to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.
"It's okay Mitch, I understand." She gives me a really tight hug and she whispers something into my ear
"I have one request though."
"What is it?"
"Will you still sing my something." I have to think about it for a minute but I'm totally okay with singing for her. I'm worried that once she finds out that it's me she won't think I'm good anymore. I slowly nod my head even though I'm terrified of what she is going to think of my voice when she figures I was the singer she heard earlier. I slowly look up and she nods at me encouragingly. I think she's knows I'm terrified to sing for her. I just sing the song I was going to sing tomorrow on the street. Emergency by Björk.
I start with my head down because I'm not sure that I really want to hear her reaction to my voice.
"All these accidents that happen,
Follow the dot,
Coincidence......"
I continue to sing until I reach the end of the song and when I look back up she has tears streaming down her face.
"What was I that bad?"
"Your the singer from my work aren't you?" I slowly nod because I really don't know what else to do. She crawled over to me and gave me a huge hug.
"You have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my entire life. Mitch Grassi, you deserve to be onstage with the pros." I almost cry when she says that, she really thinks that I'm good enough to make it to big leagues. I love her so much she's just so uplifting. I couldn't have ever asked for a better best friend. This is the way I am making my living and maybe if I keep at it I will be able to make it big. When I make it big I'm gonna make sure that Kirstie never has anything to worry about ever again, I will take all of her troubles away because that is what she's doing for me. She deserves that much. She's making me forget that Scott ever existed in my mind, and In my life. And I can't help but thank her for it.