Leaving You

Well, my album just hit the store the other day. And things have been relatively normal.....
NOT! My life has forever altered and nothing will ever be the same. I can't even describe it, people recognize me on the streets now. I actually get a paycheck now, i'm in the studio all the time doing what i love. Everything that i have done in my past no longer matters, my private life is no longer a thing. My phone is always blowing up with new DMs on instagram even though i rarely post anything for fear of being found out. People keep calling me queen, my music videos are out and have millions of views. Apparently i'm america's favorite gay boy, not that i'm complaining but, if they know i'm gay then why do girls still ask me to marry them? Fame is crazy but wonderful, red carpets famous friends and so much more is to come for my life. I mean, i hope.
Kirstie and i have finally found the perfect three bedroom apartment for a really good price. Why three bedrooms? It's not like either of us have family that will come and visit mostly because they don't know if we are still alive. But maybe we'll get a pet and that can be the pes room. Oh! I forgot to mention Kirstie ended up getting a real job at the fashion agency she works at. We have literally made it from the bottom all the way up to the top. It kinda scares me, i'm caught on camera almost everywhere I go, everyone post picture of me, all it takes is a few people to realize that I look like the boy from Texas and then my cover is blown. I can't let that happen, at least by yet. I'm not ready for Scott to find me.
In order to throw then off my trail, I do what I told everyone I would never do. Get multiple piercings. I already have my ears pierced but I think I'm gonna get an eyebrow piercing and a now ring. I'm in no rush to actually get those though because i can't even step out of the house for five minutes without ring spotted by multiple people.
I finally leave the house to go and meet Kirst at Starbucks, she has a lunch break and we barley get to see each other anymore with my career taking off and her career starting out. But nothing has changed, she still knows me better than anyone else. She always will, she's all I could ever ask for. But for some reason, deep down in my mind I know, she isn't Scott. I don't want her to be. What he and I had was special. I'm not gonna say I don't regret it all, but he broke me. Whatever, come in Mitch, your a brick wall. Nothing can hurt you. Nothing has ever hurt you. Right, stop thinking about him.
I approach Kirstie at the table when the label calls. I mouth her a one second and go outside to answer my phone.
"Hello?"
"Mitch! How's our favorite star?"
"Still adjusting to life."
"You'll get used to it, remember kid it's all worth it. Anyway good news, your album has hit number 1 on the charts in both America and the UK!"
"Holy shit?! That's insane!"
"That's what I'm saying! People love you. So my reason for calling. How do you feel about tour?"
"Tour? Really?! I'm popular enough to go on tour?!"
"Of course, I thinking this tour is a year, in Europe."
"Europe?! For an entire year! Ben you have got to be kidding me, this is a dream come true! Of course, of course I would love to!"
"Great, I have already started planning, calling places. We'll set foot on tour soon so you better start mentally preparing now."
"Okay! Thank you so much bye!" People love me this much?! Do you understand how crazy it is, me touring in Europe for a entire year! Wait. I'll have leave Kirstie for an entire year. To pay our bills, to make new friends, to have someone to chat with over coffee. I could always ask her to go with me! But she could get fired if she leaves for that long. I wouldn't let her get fired just because we miss each other. We both have phones and can talk any time but we have both worked to hard to give up now.
I slowly approach the table as she gives me a confused look, she doesn't realize what I'm about to tell her.
"What was that all about?" Its about something that's gonna set you and I apart.
"I'm going on tour." Her eyes immediately light up and I can tell just how happy she truly is for me, this next part is gonna be so hard.
"It's in Europe, for the entire year." She still looks happy though some of the color has drained from her eyes, she isn't happy that I'm going to have to leave her.
"Well, I'll come with you!"
"No, Kirst."
"Why not?"
"Because you have just built your life here! I'm not gonna let you leave for a year and get fired just because I'm going to be alone."
"But Mitch were talking about a year apart, what if I lose you?"
"You'll never lose me. We can video chat and call and text everyday, and don't forget that we still live in the same house."
"But we won't be living in the same house for a year! I can just get another job Mitch it's not big deal!"
"But you wouldn't be happy. Kirstie all I want is for you to be happy."
"And I'm happy with you! Mitch you're my best friend I can't just leave you to go to Europe alone!"
"You're gonna have to because this is what I want and fashion is what you want." She slowly nods her head and I pull her into an embrace. She's worried about me, I know. But I can't let her just give up what she loves for my gain. She means to much to me to ever let her do that.
*three weeks later*
I have had all of my things pack for about a week. I am completely ready to go, but at the same time I'm just not. I've been up since one in the morning because I just can't get my head around the fact that I'm going to be in a foreign country for an entire year, knowing nobody. It's all going to be okay though, it has to be. When I get back I bet her fashion empire is gonna be huge and maybe I will be even more famous! But who knows? I won't even be in the states for an entire year. My popularity could go down severely but that's okay, in my opinion, I've already made it in life by just having a house.
Kirstie has insisted on driving me to the airport and in the state I'm in right now, that's not exactly a bad idea. She pretty much had to force me into the car. It's not that I don't want to go. It's that I don't want to leave her.
We arrive at the airport and I am pretty much shaking, I clutch onto to Kirstie I a tight embrace.
"Mitch, calm down. You got this, your gonna have a great time so I expect pictures."
"I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing."
"Yes you are. You can do this. We will see each other in a years time and nothing will have changed."
"Except everything."
"Maybe the world around us. But nothing will change between you and I."
"Promise?"
"I promise, now go before you miss your plane and call me the minute you get to your first destination."
"I will, I love you Kit."
"I love you to Mitchie!" We hug once again and I am forced to leave her, my best friend, for an entire year. But their was nothing I could do to change that once the doors of the plane opened and I was on my journey.