Worse Off

Days and days go by and well, I have my parents back! Just the thought of it is still mind blowing to me. My life is seriously turning around. Nothing could be better than this feeling! I have everything I could ever want.
At least that's what I thought.
***********************************
"Mitchy!" Scott yells from the bathroom in the hotel attempting to get my attention away from spongebob. But bitch we all know that just isn't going to happen. He calls my name about a thousand more times and I'm pretty sure that I hate the sound of my own name by now.
"Ugh what the hell do you want?" I mean how dare her interrupt my favorite TV show? All to tell me something that's probably really stupid!
"Woah Mitch relax, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going out with some of my old friends from school."
"Okay Scotty have fun!" Lucky bastard. He gets to go and hang out with old friends. Maybe I'll just call Kirstie, she and I haven't talked in a while. I mean four hours is a long time to go without talking to someone right?
"I want you to come with me."
"No Scott I can't."
"Yes you can Mitch. Nobody recognizes you as your old self." I mean he does have a point.
"So who are you hanging out with this afternoon. Avi? Kevin? Matt?"
"I stopped talking to them three years ago."
"What?! Why?! What happened?" I loved the three of them. Besides Kirstie they were the best friends I could ever ask for. Scott doesn't count in that category, he and I have always had a bond way different than friendship.
"People grow apart, it's a natural thing. We all just antes different things for our lives. You were the only thing to bind the four of us together, after you, well uh left all we ever talked about was you. How much we missed you and how different everything was going to be. Without you there was nothing left for us to talk about and it just wasn't healthy for any of us to dwell o your disappearance. If we did life would never have moved on, so I guess we all just started new chapters in our lives. Matt and Kevin are still really close but Avi's been kind of a mess after leaving the group." I can't believe that I was the cause of them breaking up. I truly only ever thought about me in that situation. I was just under the impression that nobody else cared, I thought I was doing them all a favor. Awe por Avi, I miss him. I hope he isn't doing as bad as Scott says he is.
"Okay so then who are we going to see?"
"Do you remember Alex Smith? That name sent chills cascading down my spine. Alex and his gang. The guy who led the charge in beating me in the alley. Leaving me with no hope. My reason for the panic attack on stage. The reason I always feel the need to hide who I am.
"Scott I-"
"Yeah were going to see him and the gang. He's been really lonely these past few months."
"Oh and why has this poor little baby so alone?" If he's been beating people up then I understand why no one wants to be around him.
"Oh well we just broke up a few months ago. You know, so I could be with you. I guess he hasn't been able to date since. I really feel bad for the guy. He deserves love." Oh fucking shit, this is not happening.
"So y-y-you dated A-A-Alex and broke up with him to be with me? And now y-y-y-you want me to f-f-f-face him? Has the thought ever occurred to you that maybe he still loves you?"
"Mitch, calm down it's totally cool. Our relationship wasn't that serious. Plus he's been dying to meet you, he told me himself." Wasn't that serious my ass. I mean I guess that explain why he was staring daggers into me during the concert.
"Hey, everything's going to be fine. He's going to love you. C'mon let's get dressed." Oh my god am I actually doing this? I'm that stupid? I guess I'll do anything to make him happy. This is probably going to end badly. Welp, wish me luck.
"We get dressed and head over to this little coffee shop, I'm nervous as hell I might add. This so isn't my cup of tea. As we enter the cafe I see all of Scott's "friends" sitting at a table. We reach them and they all jump up and bro hug Scott, so tacky. I slowly slump down in one of the seats wanting more than anything to disappear when Alex looks over at me. Malicious glare across his face as my eyes glue themselves to the floor. You can tell the smile he then shoots me is fake, just like his piercings. He wishes that I wasn't even here, how can Scott not see this?
"So your Scott's new guy?"
"Yep I guess that's me?"
"Well I'm a big fan of your music. And I can't wait to get to know you better." Oh, maybe I was reading the signs wrong? Maybe he doesn't actually hate me.
Scott continues to talk to his friends, pretty much forgetting that I even exist. Leaving me utterly uncomfortable. He never even introduced me. Whatever it's his time with his friends. I'll have him to myself soon enough.
Hours go by and I'm bored out of my mind. Alex keeps looking in my direction but doesn't seem to want to include me in the conversation. That's fine, I don't really want to talk to any of them. It's pretty obvious that they don't want me their. I smile and get up from my seat, ready to sneak out when Alex grabs my wrist. Pulling my back to my seat.
"Mitch don't leave yet! We haven't even gotten the chance to really hang or with you." He pulls a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket along with a lighter, offering one to each person. Nasty I guess things haven't changed around here. Still the same gross habits. I politely refuse to bud, seeing as I have drug tests to pass and a voice to maintain. Alex gives me a scoff, muttering the word pussy under his breathe. Rolling his eyes he moves into Scott. He better not fucking take one, he better not fucking take one. He looks over at me. My eyes pleading for him not to do this, he knows that I strongly disagree. He shakes his head, refusing the blunt and Alex just isn't having any of that.
"C'mon! Nothing we haven't done hundreds of times before. Scott, seriously just take the damn blunt. You know you want to. Remember how good it always made you feel? Don't you want to feel that again?" He nudges Scott and holds out the blunt yet again. Scott, no longer looking at me takes the blunt from Alex's hand. Lighting it up and taking a long hard drag.
Their are no words to describe that way I feel right now. I am utterly disgusted and I think it's time for me to leave. I get up and quietly remove myself from the table. Making my way from the hotel room, we're leaving tomorrow thank fucking god. He's probably to high to even realize that I left.
I arrive at my room, slamming the door on the way in. Fucking douche. I'm so mad at him. How the hell could he do this to me?! Why?! Why did he need to get high? Such a fucking loser, I love him obviously but I guess there are things we're gonna have to change.
Not a moment to soon, Scott trails his ass back into the room. Eyes bloodshot, obvious pain in the head from previous events. He flops down on the bed and I roll my eyes and scoot away from him. He reeks of the weed he inhaled just an hour before. The high seems to have dissipated and he looks to be in a conscious state of mind.
I get off the bed and stomp to the bathroom. Needing to be away from him and his new odor. Suddenly I here a small knock on my door.
"Mitch? What are you doing in their"
"Staying as far away from you as humanly possible."
"This was a choice I made, can't I go and have fun with my friends? Where's the harm in that?"
"There's no harm til you make dumbass decisions! Really? Smoking weed? You're so smart."
"It was a choice I made! Why can't you just live with that?!"
"Cause I love you to much to watch you turn into that train wreck!" I open the door, arms crossed, looking down. He doesn't deserve to look at my eyes.
"Mitchie........"
"No! Go away!" He wraps his arms around my waist bringing me closer to his chest. I subconsciously melt into his touch.
"I promise you that it will never happen again. Ever! I love you too much to let you go ever again." I nod and cuddle into his chest. Out of no where my phone goes off. It's an unknown number, as I wish it was Kirstie.

Unknown number: Hey Mitch! It's Alex!

Ummmm okay? Why does Alex feel the need to text me? And when did I give him my number? We obviously don't see eye to eye on very much. We aren't from the same side of the tracks, even though we actually are. Well I
maybe some good will come out of this.

Me: Hi Alex! It's so nice to finally get to know one of Scott's best friends!

Alex☠️: Totally! Speaking of....... you and Scott need to breakup.

Me: What?....

Alex☠️: Scott hates ugly pieces of trash like you. Your famous, that's the only reason why he loves you. But you're not worth it and he'll see that soon. Then, he'll come crawling back to me. Your too ugly and fat for him to love, just keep that in mind. He's ACTING. Oh and this isn't the last time you'll be hearing from me. And if you try to block me I'll make this even worse for you. You deserve everything that's about to come to you. 🤫 oh, and don't bother telling Scott. He won't believe and thing.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I knew this was gonna be bad. I throw my phone across the room, fear hidden inside my mind. I clutch into Scott for dear life. Dear god, I can't handle it if something happens to us. To much already has.