Chapter One

Lilly Wilcher entered her office at one of the most prestigious Financial companies in the US

Lilly Wilcher entered her office at one of the most prestigious Financial companies in the US. As usual, she has dressed in modest business attire her brown hair pulled into a bun. Lilly always tried to present a strictly professional demure to her work colleagues. After sitting down her briefcase and purse she walked over to feed her betta fish Slim, his morning flakes.

"Good morning Slim, lovely day isn't it?" The fish just swam to the top of the water and nibbled at the provided food. "You do not talk much huh? All for the best, I guess." she chuckled to herself. Before returning to her desk she gave the plant sitting beside Slim a quick check to make sure it did not require a drink of water. Satisfied with what she saw she sat down to begin her day.

Lilly went about her normal morning routine, turning on the coffee maker for her boss Mr. Bodney. "Good morning Lilly" she heard several times as the minutes passed. She would always smile and return their morning greeting. While she was friendly with her co-workers Lilly tended to be a loner and did not seek relationships with her co-workers outside the office.

Lilly started up her computer and went back to work on the power point presentation she was working on for her boss Mr. Bodney. His quarterly meeting was next week and today was the deadline to get the presentation to him.

Mr. Bodney always picked apart anything she completed for him. It was a trait he had with all his employees. Lilly was the fifth Administrative Assistant he had during his tenure with the company. So far she has been with him the longest. She would always make the corrections cheerfully for him, and he never had to repeat himself, which was one reason she was very highly regarded and well paid.

"Miss Wilcher, please get Ms. Bessette, and Ms. Williams on the phone. I need to speak to them urgently about financial backing for their new business." Mr. Bodney had made his presence known. Without skipping a beat Lilly walked over and started to prepare his coffee while mentally writing down the list he was rattling off.

"I also need to you double check those reports that you typed out for me yesterday, I didn't like how some of the sentences were worded. It should be in your inbox" he continued as he walked into his office. Lilly right behind him.

"Your coffee sir" she smiled as she sat it down on his desk.

"Ah, thank you, Lilly. Starbucks has nothing on you" He returned her smile.

"Thanks, sir. If you don't have anything else I will get the ladies on the phone for you and return to work"

"Very well"

Lilly walked back to her desk and called both clients placing them on a three-way so Mr. Bodney can speak with them. She then turns on her music player that was sitting on her desk. Her favorite artist Eminem had just released his first album in years, "Relapse" last week and she was still listening to it daily. The music made her day move by quickly, and she felt she was more productive when Eminem played softly in the background.