Chapter Fifteen

~ Lilly's POV ~

This is a joke.....

I stood in the doorway of the dressing room and stared at Paul......wait Eminem....no, Marshall and tried to comprehend what I'd just heard. I couldn't believe it and honestly I didn't know what to do. Paul wasn't an 80 year old janitor, in fact he was the one and only Eminem who was now slowly walking towards me. I let my phone glide down from my ear while I still stood frozen at the spot and stared in utter shock and disbelief at him and then he said his first words in person to me.
"Lilly?" He stopped instantly when I'd raised my hand to stop him from coming close to me, but talked on. "Lilly Pad, I know it's a shock an surprise....." I clutched my hand over my mouth to keep me from yelling.

This can't be happening! I'm dreaming...

But Paul / Marshall, talked again and that's when I become 'conscious' again.
"Baby?" Without another word I turned on my heel and stormed down the corridor, away from this situation, away from him.

I didn't know if I should've been happy that he hadn't followed me, of course I'd heard him yelling my name behind me, but when I'd bolted through the entrance door and stood in the clear New Orleans night, I exhaled for the first time. I'd really expected almost anything after his text message, but most certainly not this. Not that Paul, the nice and humble guy I'd fallen in love with, was the rapper I'd admired for so long.

Paul is Marshall Mathers..... Eminem is Paul!

My head was spinning while I waived for a cab to take me back to my hotel and I tried hard to understand why he had done what he did. Honestly, in some way I could understand him. He had tried to protect himself, I assume, but still.....
He had told me he wanted me to be his girl, that he had feelings for me, why didn't he tell me the truth then?

The cab had stopped in front of my hotel and after I'd payed the driver, went inside, up with the elevator to my floor, I could finally close the door to my hotelroom behind me to be alone. I needed time to process everything, but it turned out Marshall was determined to talk to me.

I'd just kicked off my shoes, when I heard my cellphone ringing in my handbag and when I'd finally found it and pulled it out, it had already stopped again.

5 missed calls........4 unread text messages...

From Paul:
Lilly I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't have lied and hide who I am, but please let me talk to you.

From Paul:
Lilly I didn't lie about my feelings for you. I understand that it's a lot to take in. Please let me explain, you're my girl. Please tell me where you are.

From Paul:
Lilly Pad, please pick up the phone. I'm gettin concerned, baby!

From Paul:
Lilly Pad, please please please talk to me!

I sat down on the edge of my bed and felt my heart aching from reading his messages. Yes, he had lied and hurt and shocked me, but it wasn't fair to get him worried. Therefore I decided to reply and at least let him know that I was okay.

To Paul:
Don't worry, I'm at my hotel.

I've to change his name.....

I'd just changed his contact name from Paul to Marshall, when my cellphone started ringing and reluctantly I picked up.
"Lilly?" His soft voice was heard trough the line and I answered with a simple and quiet "yes!"
"Baby, I'm sorry, you gotta believe me. I know it was a shit move to lie, but please gimme the chance to explain. Lilly Pad, le'me see ya, please." I honestly was still incapable to answer properly to his pleas. I could hear he was sorry, that much I knew him by now, but still.