Chapter Seventeen

~ Lilly's POV ~

We headed back to the hotel and while I'd been happy like never before, sitting beside Marshall; my boyfriend, in the back of the car, the closer we got to the hotel the more my nerves started to kick in.
"Baby, you okay?" He asked me and tugged lightly at my hand he was holding in his and I nodded slowly, but then shook my head. "Tell me, what's wrong." He said softly and I sighed.
"I'll meet your friends." I explained and he smiled a little at me. I'd seen this little smile of his a few times, but now, seeing him smiling at me, I already know that it'll be my favorite sight.
"Lilly, there's no need to be nervous, aight?! They'll behave, I promise ya that." I honestly didn't know why, but it calmed me a little to hear him say this. Maybe because of the way he caressed my knuckles softly or his strong and serious voice when he said it. I just knew I could trust him.

20 minutes later we'd arrived at the hotel; in his suite to be exact and I'd just sat down and took the water bottle Marshall had offered me when it knocked on the door.

Confidence, Lilly!

"Yo, man, what up?" I heard a voice greet Marshall, who had went off to open the door, and I prepared myself for his friends.
"So, where's the lady?" Another voice asked and then they came in sight.

Gosh, this is so unreal.....

I plastered a small smile on my face and stood up, while I tried hard to not fiddle around with my fingers and let my nervousness show.
"Royce, Porter, this is Lilly....." Marshall introduced them when they stood in front of me and then stepped at my side and pointed at the 2 guys. "Lilly, Royce and Denaun." We shook hands, before Marsh gestured with his hand to the couches for us to sit down and an awkward silence came over us.

Should I say something?!?!?!

I was still thinking what would be the best thing to do, to not come off as too confident, when Marshall beside me sighed out.
"Spill it!"
"Ya two look fuckin' cute together!" Denaun pointed out, imitating a girly voice and I bowed my head so they wouldn't see me blushing.
"Girl, no needa hide...." Royce jumped in and I raised my head again while Marshall took my hand in his and squeezed it reassuringly. "Awe hands holdin'?" He went on, just as I'd thought he'd be the voice of reason and I glanced at Marshall who tried hard to kill them with his gaze.
"Dawg, what ya tryna do? That stare down shit, looks more stupid than intimidatin'. Your damn eyes almost droppin' outta yo damn head." Denaun said and I pressed my lips together to not laugh out, but couldn't prevent a giggle.
"Thank you...." Marshall turned to me and I looked at him. "I try to keep 'em in line an you laugh with 'em." Now I couldn't contain it anymore and smiled cheekily at him.
"Sorry?!" I tried and he smirked and shook his head.

God, he looks so good....

"So, Lil,...." Royce snapped my attention back at him from admiring the man beside me. "Ya ain't a dickrider...."
"No, but you two are." I cutted in and widened my eyes immediately, surprised about my forwardness, but they all laughed.
"Hah, girl, you got us! He told ya, huh?" Denaun laughed and pointed at Marshall and I nodded.
"He did." I confirmed and they laughed even more.
"Fuck, I'm still pissed they blocked our asses. The Funkybunch was some fun shit." Denaun said and I laughed out when I remembered what they'd written.
"You surely made us all laugh or mad, whatever you intended." I said and they all shrugged but laughed.
"Yo Em was completely outta it....." Royce pointed at Marshall, "the man knows shit 'bout the internet an all that stuff. Don't get me started about explainin' the word trollin' to his ass." Again they laughed and I looked at the man beside me, who rolled his eyes but chuckled.
"Well by now he's almost a pro with using the net." I jumped to his defense and he smiled at me.
"Ahhh, there ya go, defendin' his ass again. You like to do that, huh?" Denaun went on with a smirk and I looked confused at him.
"What do you mean?"
"Girl, whatever we said, you was the one who jumped right to his side or tried to change the topic away from his dick...." he couldn't talk on because they broke out into another fit of laughter and I bowed my head to hide my face which turned bright red.