Chapter 13

Lilly's POV

After much persuasion, I agreed to meet Paul at the Voodoo Festival in New Orleans in October. At first, I didn't think I would be able to get tickets since from what I could tell on the internet they were all sold out. Paul finally admitted to me though that he would be able to get tickets and backstages pass through a contact at work.

He also tried repeatedly to have me flown out, I would not accept his offer though, I insisted on paying for my own way to New Orleans as well as sleeping accommodations while there. While I appreciated Paul's generosity I did not want to put myself in the position of feeling indebted to anyone, no matter what my feelings for them were.

I was very excited as well as scared to meet Paul. I knew we both had feelings for each other, but would those feelings still be there if we were face to face? I felt that my feelings for Paul had developed past the "friends" stage, I finally admitted to myself that I was in love with him. Which was ridiculous, I mean I have never even been in the same room with this man. I do know however that I felt a connection with him, one I have never felt before, not even with Robby.

For the first time in nine years, I felt lonely. This scared me, I had built up my wall so tall I did not think anyone could tear it down. Yet with each conversation, corny joke and secret shared with Paul the wall started to crumble. What if I met him and our chemistry was off, would I be able to deal with that pain?

My phone rang, I looked down and seen it was Paul, I felt those nervous butterflies in my stomach again, like I feel each time he calls.

"Hello"

"Hey Lilly pad, how was your day?"

"Not bad Mr. Johnson" I giggle on the phone.

"Shit don't do that girl, turns me on" He chuckles into the phone. I giggle more.

"Sorry Paul, I didn't mean to turn you on" I reply. "How was your day?"

"Well you turn me on without even trying, and my day was good, I can't complain. I also can't wait to see you at the concert. I can't believe it is only two weeks away."

"I know I was just thinking about it" I admit.

"So you were thinking about me girl?"

I laugh, "Yes I was, is there a problem with that? "

"Aww she flirts back, no girl, I want you to think about me. I think about you too"

"I am almost scared to ask how you think about me" I laugh.

"Yeah I think about you in that way, I am a guy after all. I also you know think about what you are doing right now, what you are wearing, shit like that"

"Well right now I am talking with this extremely intelligent, handsome and funny guy. I am wearing a pair of jeans and a big grey hoodie, my apartment is a little chilly"

"Is your hair up or down?" He laughs.

"Down" I giggle. "Do you want a picture or something?" I laugh.

"Hell yeah, send one" Oh my God, he is such a goof. I quickly click a picture and send it over.

 I quickly click a picture and send it over