Chapter 14

Lilly's POV

Lilly's POV

I am a nervous wreck. I have just checked into my hotel room at The Roosevelt. I was for a moment taken aback by the beauty of the hotel. My room looked as if it belonged in a home instead of your standard hotel. I had to stop myself from jumping into the bed that looked so comfy. If all else turns out to be a disaster at least I got to stay at a nice hotel and see Eminem in concert, I remind myself.

Since the last text from Paul, I have wracked my brain trying to figure out what it was he had to tell me. Since I have been talking with him I have never picked up any indication that he was lying to me about anything. It was one of the things I liked, well loved about him. But since that text, I have no idea. He said him being married was not it, that was my first fear. So what could it be?

I have decided it could be one of two things. Either he is lying about his career, or my strongest suspicion is the pictures he has sent me are not of him. In fact, he is either an 80-year-old man or a hugely obese man. When I think about it, he hasn't really sent me a lot of pictures of himself, and when he did he always had to find them on his computer. The only reason I am certain he is male is that we have spoken on the phone.

So what should I do? I mean if he is not the guy in the pictures will I still feel the same way? What if he is not a lawyer, but in fact a janitor? Could I deal with that? I don't think I am that shallow of a person. At the moment I feel I could deal with it unless of course, he is 80, I laugh out loud.

I decided to send Paul a quick text to let him know that I have arrived and that I am still looking forward to seeing him.

To Paul: Hi! Just letting you know that I am in New Orleans, I have checked into my room. I can't wait to see you in a few hours!

I pull the outfit I am wearing out of my luggage. I hope this works, I think to myself. I can't believe how nervous I am. The outfit I have chosen is a short grey dress I am pairing it with lighter grey polka dot heels, a red hobo purse, and a chunky bracelet. I am trying for modest yet sexy if that is even a thing.

I sit and take a few deep breaths, I don't think I was this nervous when I left home. I decide to start getting ready for the concert. Hopefully, Paul will respond soon with the location to meet at.

~ Marshall's POV ~

The whole morning I was running around like a headless chicken, my mind was racing but it all was about Lilly.

How the fuck should I break it to her?

To say I was nervous would be a damn understatement, I was a fuckin' wreck! Hell, I even forgot to tie my shoelaces and only realized it when I stumbled and almost fell on my freakin face.

Applause!! Dumbfuck at it's best...

"Dawg, the fuck's wrong wit ya?" Denaun asked me confused after I'd forgotten my lines for the sixth time and I huffed out, threw the mic on the ground and rubbed both hands repeatedly over my face.