Chapter 21

The Next Day

I wake up and stretch, I don't remember when I last slept so well, Oh yeah the last time I slept in Marshall's arms I smile to myself. I turn in the bed and realize that I am alone. Marshall must have already woken up. I get out of bed making it up quickly then head to the bathroom to prepare for my day.

After getting ready I wander down the stairs. I can smell breakfast being cooked and the sound of laughter drift up from the kitchen. I stand on the last step and look at the scene in front of me. The girls are giggling and cooking while Marshall is washing up dishes as they are being discarded.

"Umm Good morning" I blurt out. Great going Lilly, let them know you are socially inept butterfly from the beginning.

"Morning baby, did you sleep well?" Marshall walks up to me and gives me a small hug.

"Yes, I did" I smile.

"Girls this is Lilly" Marshall turns to his daughters. "Lilly, Alania, Hailie and Whitney"

Alania walks up to me first and gives me a huge hug. 'It is so nice to finally meet you! You are even more beautiful than the pictures Unc showed me" she smiles big.

"Thank you, so nice to finally meet you face to face as well. I can say the same thing about you, you are very beautiful!"

"Hi, I am Hailie, nice to meet you" Hailie walks up and offers her hand.

"So nice to meet you as well Hailie"

"Are you living here now?" Whitney blurts out.

"No you nutt, she is visiting" Hailie corrects her little sister.

"Whit we talked about this baby, Lilly is visiting us for Thanksgiving" Marshall gently reminds her.

"Oh yeah, I forgot" Whit giggles. "Nice to meet you"

"Same here, your Dad has told me so many wonderful things about all of you" I smile.

"Yeah, he talks about you a lot too" Hailie smiles.

"Do you like pancakes Lilly?" Whit asked.

"I love pancakes" I smile.

"Good because we made a bunch of 'em" Whit laughs as she walks back to the counter she is working on.

"What can I do to help?" I ask.

"Baby, can you grab the bacon outta the fridge?" Marshall asked.

"Sure" I smile.

I then hear what sounds like puppy sounds. And then the Lanie and Hailie giggling.

"Stop it girls" Marshall smirks.

"What pup----I mean Dad?" Hailie laughs.

"You know what" Marshall grins.

"Did we get a puppy?" Whitney asked excitedly.

"No, Dad is just acting like one" Hailie laughs.

"Girls" Marshall states firmly.

"It is ok Unc" Lanie laughs. "Don't mind us Lilly we just like to give the old man a hard time"

"I am not old"

"Sure Dad" Hailie laughs.

We quickly finish preparing breakfast and sit at the bar eating. The girls ask me what seems like 1000 questions, which I expected and do not mind. I just hope I give them the answer's they expect. After breakfast, we clean up and then start to discuss the Thanksgiving menu.