Chapter 16

I head back to my room ecstatic that Lily agreed to at least spend some time with me this weekend. I walk into my room and plop down on one the chairs and think about calling Denaun and Royce but think better of it, I know I will call Alania, she will be more level-headed. I chuckle to myself thinking a 16-year-old girl is more level-headed then grown ass men.

She answers quickly, "Hey Unc, how was the show?"

"Good baby, how are you doing?"

"Great! It is Friday so I have the weekend ahead" I can feel her smile through the phone.

"Listen, Laney, remember the girl you were helping me talk to?"

"Yeah Lilly right?"

"Well I invited her to the show and I sorta let her know who she was talking to"

"WHAT!" Laney yells I pull the phone away from my ear, Damn. "Oh my God Unc, how did it go? How is she, is she the same in person?"

"Whoa, hold on, I can't think with that many questions thrown at me" I laugh. "She is more beautiful and sweet in person than I'd imagined. She was kinda taken about by the entire Eminem thing"

"But she is a fan?" Laney seemed confused.

"Yeah but not one of those types of fans" I laugh. "She agreed to spend some time with me tomorrow so I was wondering if you had any ideas, of things we could do?"

"Hmmm New Orleans is beautiful, why not a picnic or something?"

"A Picnic?"

"Yeah let me see what is there.." I can hear her clicking away at her keyboard, "Oh here is a nice place with a huge tree, it looks so romantic" she squeals a bit.

"Tree? Romantic?"

"Yeah Unc if you wanna win the girl over you have to be romantic, you can't just say "I like you" and drag her off to your cave" she laughs. "Ohh and maybe a ghost walk at night!"

"A Ghost walk?"

"Yeah you walk around and the tour guide points out all the haunted places and gives you the backstory, they are cool"

"You think she will like that?"

"Yeah walking, you hold her hand, cuddle her close if she gets scared, girls love that stuff"

So weird talking about romance with your 16-year-old daughter!

"Ok, I will follow your advice, just so you know I have a lot of faith in you that you know what will work" I sigh.

"It will work Unc, besides, you are you, one of the greatest guys I know she can't help but like you, and that has nothing to do with what you do for a living"

"Thanks, baby, I will let you go"

"Tell me what happens!"

I laugh into the phone. "I sure will Laney, thanks again, love you!"

"I love you too unc, and I can't wait to meet her!"

I then call down to Sam and run over my plans for tomorrow with him. He agrees to have the hotel staff prepare the picnic lunch for us and he will check out the location to make sure it is private.

Before laying down to try and sleep which I know will be impossible I send a quick text to Lilly.

To Lilly Pad: Dress comfortably for tomorrow we will be doing a lot of walking, sweet dreams baby.

From Lilly Pad: Thank you for the heads up, I was just fretting trying to figure out what to wear. Sweet dreams to you too Marsh.

I lay down with a smile on my face, I can't wait until tomorrow.