Chapter 18

One Week Later

One Week Later

Lilly's POV

It has been one week since I left New Orleans and Marshall. I was still in a bit of shock that it was actually Marshall Mathers I had been speaking to and falling for these past few months. He was literally everything I had dreamed about in a man, kind, considerate, affectionate, funny, intelligent and sexy as hell, I giggled to myself. I still can not get over how much I actually miss him being around, we had only spent two and a half days together yet now my life seems so lonely.

I make my way into my office to begin the week. I was softly humming a song under my breath when I hear someone come into the office.

"You sure have been in a good mood this past week" Eric states from behind me.

I jump a bit not expecting him to be here, I turn around smile. "Yes I have, hopefully, it will continue"

"So, what happened?"

"What do you mean?" I ask as I start Mr. Bodney's coffee.

"What happened that made you so happy? It's not like you" Eric sits on the edge of my desk.

"I mean nothing really" Like I would tell him anything. "I just had a weekend away maybe that is it?" I smile.

"Ahhh so did you meet someone?" Eric cocks his eyebrow up.

"That is none of your business Eric"

"Well if you did and you hit it off that would mean I have no shot"

"I told you since I started here you have no shot" I laugh.

A knock on the office door announced the arrival of a delivery guy. I assumed it was a package for Mr. Bodney as we received several deliveries a day.

"Miss Wilcher?"

"Yes, that is me" I smile.

"Deliver for you" The delivery guy handed me a box and offered over his clipboard for me to sign. I quickly signed and handed it back to him.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"No problem, have a nice day" he tilted his hat and left.

"Oh, delivery" Eric laughed. "From mystery man?"

 "From mystery man?"