Chapter-3

Meera approached the humble guy again, realizing the fact that he wasn't alone anymore. A girl in her early twenties joined him as he smiled at the girl.

Taking that cue to approach them, Meera made her steps to reach there.

"Are you ready to order, Sir?" Meera smiled professionally.
Harsh looked at the girl he was with as she followed his gaze. The girl seemed to be quite weird as Meera witnessed her looking at her with a disgruntled expression.

Not coming to conclusions already, Meera asked her too, "What would you like to have ma'am?" She repeated.

The girl shared a pointed look making Meera baffled. Before she could protest, the guy spoke out for her.

"We would want one hazelnut latte and a red velvet latte, thank you" he smiled a he shifted his eyes in the front, "And please add double choco chip cookies too, thank you."

Nodding lightly, Meera excused herself

"What's wrong with the people these days?" Meera wondered aloud remembering about the girl's pointed stare that was addressed towards her a few moments back.

Brushing away her thoughts, she made two cups ready on the counter.

Why these people behaved that way with her, was a mystery to her.

Later, she made her way to place their order.

A few minutes later, Meera engrossed herself again with her work.

"Damn," she cursed when Ruby spilled something all over her uniform.

"Watch out where you're going!" Meera exclaimed in a loud voice as she hissed looking at the stain followed by a deep frown on her forehead.

"Oh I'm so sorry Meera," she apologized taking out the tissue from the counter beside her, "I thought I would pass it but you emerged all of a sudden from the door and I was already late," she ranted as Meera nodded understanding her.

"I don't want to hear any bad things coming from that fat, bald old man. I tell you, he's so rude," she hissed making a grim face as she rushed back to the kitchen to make another cup of, Meera assumed it as espresso.

Sighing silently, Meera walked towards the restroom.

"I just hope these marks on my dress doesn't stay permanent."
She talked to herself.

She twisted the knob but her eyes hovered in confusion. Cause, she heard certain voices coming from inside.

Though, Meera dared to open the door as it wasn't locked and it was a public place and she didn't needed to seek anyone's permission to enter in and moreover she was an employee.

The moment her eyes landed inside, her eyes and nose scrunched up in disgust as she immediately closed her eyes as she placed her hand over her eyes, not wanting to look at the couple making out wildly.

"Oh my lord! Sorry I didn't mean to..." She couldn't complete her sentence cause she was cut off by the woman and for a moment, her voice sounded so familiar for Meera.

Meera opened her eyes as her brows spread wide upwards in shock.

She was shocked because she recognized her as the same girl having seated with the humble guy. Meera addressed Harsh as the humble guy cause she didn't knew his name and she assumed her to be his girlfriend.

Because the way he smiled sweetly at her while Meera served them their order made it clear about their relationship status and now she spotted her making out with some other guy.

"You little piece of shit," Meera was brought back to life by a shouting Alina and her rudeness only made her feel distempered. "What the hell were you doing here?" She outraged giving her an acrimonious scowl as Meera glared at her.

"Excuse me?" Meera mocked followed by a soft laughter dancing over her expression, "The last time I checked, this was a public restroom and not the place where you could make out. So I would suggest you to continue at some other place," she completed in a humorous tone yet with mockery as she advanced her steps towards the washroom sink.

Of course it was necessary to show such people the reality. Meera hated being rude and sarcastic to her, it's just not her but Alina provoked her to say those mean things.

Meera couldn't adjust when someone degraded her. It was against her values. She had to answer back, letting her know that no matter if she was just a waitress, she cannot stand disrespect. She was a human after all.

Meera made a sad face noticing the big stain on her apron. It was quite intense.

Taking out the wet napkin, she started working on it.

Additionally, her gaze landed on the big mirror as she found Alina shooting daggers at her.

Before she could turn outrageous, Meera's phone interrupted by ringing it loudly and she did heave a big sigh inwardly.

It was from granny, her employer, Suzanne. That's what she addressed her.

"Boss's calling, can't ignore it. Gotta go. Take care but I hope you don't continue whatever you were doing earlier," she said casually as she walked out of the area.

Alina hissed as she glared at oblivion.

~~~~~~~~~

Meera opened her small yet cozy apartment door as she landed herself on the sofa carelessly. She felt the pain residing on her forehead as she closed her eyes.

She would have drifted off to sleep, if the continuous ringing of her phone wouldn't have disturbed her.

Not bothering to glance at the caller ID, she pressed the answer button, placing it on her ear.

"Yes, Meera this side," she spoke in a really professional tone making Ruby roll her eyes heavenward.

"I know it's you," Ruby hissed, "Let's go somewhere and have fun. I'm bored" she expressed gruffly and this time it was Meera's turn to roll her eyes.

Ruby was a party animal but Meera would rather spend that time on reading. But for now, she wanted to sleep without worries.

"Oh no Ruby," Meera declined politely, "I'm hell of a tired now, I need some sleep" she explained as she rubbed her eyes with her free hand, feeling the burning sensation.

"You always turn me down Meera, not fair" Ruby complained.

"Okay fine. I understand, but next time you have to be there with me, deal?" She added to which Meera agreed grinning, realizing that now she could peacefully go back to sleep.

"Thank you and do not disturb please," Meera bantered to which she got a light chuckle as a reply.

And then, she drifted off to peaceful slumber.

**********

Hey Amigos,

So finally I updated;)

Anyway how was it?
Let me know!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.