Chapter-12

"Hey," Harsh smiled as Meera served him the usual cocoa mocha with honey and oatmeal cookies.

They were his favorite.

Giving him a curt nod, she was about to leave but was stopped by the girl's tantrum.

"This is so boring," she made a grim face as she studied Meera in horror. "You were the same girl from that day right, you messed with me in the cafe's restroom!" She exclaimed as Meera passed her a smug smile and then it dawned on her that she's in danger. She could tell Harsh about her being making out with another guy.

"Unfortunately, yes ma'am," Meera replied with a soft hidden mockery as she smirked lightly. She viewed Harsh's way for a moment and he had a questioning frown. She again looked at Alina, "What would you like to have ma'am?" Meera again messed with her only to get a dirty stare, giving her an hidden threat, but only if she knew, whom she was messing with. She was messing with Meera. If she could handle situations calmly, like that day in the restroom then she could also create havoc in her life. All this while, Meera couldn't hide the evil smile that escaped from the corners of her lips.

"I would like to have Choco fudge," Alina's said as she replied giving her a crooked smile and with then she left them alone.

Harsh was quite confused about what just happened.

He indeed found the two girls sharing those mocking stares.

And on the other side, Meera was pissed. On herself, to be precise.

It was not her few moments back. Why she gave Alina those mocking and victorious smiles was so confusing to her.

"I could have just left them alone without messing with her. What was the need to pass her those tricky looks" she scolded herself as she sighed looking down. She found herself looking at Harsh and he was busy talking animatedly with the same unfaithful girl. And this made her more grouchy. Her mood instantly turned more crankier.

She thought about the words he said to her the other day. They kept on replaying in her mind and in his voice.

I like you, a lot.

"I thought he genuinely expressed those words,"
She sadly uttered again to herself.

"Of course, why would he go for a girl like me, who is just waiting tables in this cafe. I'm definitely not his type. I think he was just joking with me the other day and me being stupid, thought he was really feeling that way," Meera thought gripping the tray in her hand.

"They probably had a fight and so he approached me and now that they finally made up, he is back with Alina" Meera assumed absurdly.

She had no idea how she affected him.
While, Harsh too was unknown about what was running in her mind lately.

Meera shook her head as again she found herself getting back to her work.

All guys are the same.
Once they get what they want, they disappear like snow.
She muttered as she placed the order in front of the girl, who was with Harsh.

He smiled at her but the cold stare Meera shared with him didn't go unnoticed by him.

Before he could ask or talk, Meera left them alone.

"I hate him," Meera growled in a low voice.

"Who?" Ruby asked making her gasp.

"What!" Meera inquired in fright.

"You just said that you hate him, who's that unlucky guy?" She questioned with a frowning face.

"Nobody," Meera tried to escape from her queries, but knowing Ruby, she doubted if it's okay not to tell her about her inner feelings and thoughts.

"Harsh?" Meera was left baffled by her question but she shook her head.

But she didn't realize her eyes told the complete different story.

"How easy it was for you to think that I would buy that lie?" Ruby mocked with a soft laughter as she smirked only to get a serious look from Meera.

"What's wrong?" She enquired.

"Nothing," Meera shrugged.

Ruby knew, that it takes so much to convince Meera regarding everything and that includes about her problem too. She is an introvert and for Meera, it was quite difficult to share her inner feelings.

They might understand her uneasiness and gloominess but it's quite difficult to spot what was wrong until and unless she herself decides to share it.

"Let it out babe," Ruby pressed on the subject, "I can listen to you and I think you know that right?" She said as she gave her a friendly smile.

Meera glanced at her as she felt the moisture at the corner of her eyes as well as her nose itched, waiting for the waterfall that could emerge from her eyes.

She was dazed too, realizing her reaction. Why she felt those things was a complete mystery. The moment the girl kissed him though only on her cheek, she was angry. She badly wanted to strangle her neck for getting this closer to him.

But the reason for her animosity, made her more pissed.

Before she could burst out, she expressed everything that she felt and witnessed.

As her response, Ruby smirked mischievously. And this made Meera perplexed and irritated at a same time.

"I will wipe that smirk off of your face now, stop smirking" Meera hissed and this only made Ruby burst into a fit of laughter.

Frustratedly, Meera stomped her foot as she turned to leave but Ruby's words caught her off guard.

"You're jealous and I'm glad to let you know that," she maintained the suspense as Meera arched up her brows questioningly, signalling her to continue, "You like him" and that made Meera taken aback. Her brows met the ceiling as she widened her eyes in shock.

Meera experienced her heart beating rapidly as she gasped for air. It wasn't that shocking but the fact that she agreed to what Ruby said was a surprise.

"Love is in the air," Ruby commented smirked wickedly as she walked passing her.

Indeed, love was in the air.

**********

Hey Amigos,

Well, how was it?

This was my favorite one, how about you?

Share your views on this one.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.