Chapter-6

"Can you change your usual seat," Meera requested in a flat tone only to get a confused stare, "I mean don't sit where you sit everyday, you can take any other seat apart from the corner part" she completed, hesitance could be heard in her tone.

Harsh arched up his brows, questioning her.

Meera sighed. She hated being this straightforward but according to her, he invited her behaviour. He was giving her the attention which she liked to avoid and ignore since forever.

Letting out a sharp breath, Meera continued, "Look, I don't want you to talk with me while I'm working. I'm not interested to interact with you. My job doesn't allow me too and please stop smiling at me" she added further making Harsh's smile fade away instantly.

He thought she would consider the idea of them working on the same project together.

"But, I just need your help, that's it" he protested before she could leave.

"My schedule is already packed up, even if I agree, I wouldn't be able to give you my time. I'm sorry" saying so, she turned to leave.

"What if we study after your working hours?" He stopped her as she turned carrying a puzzled look on her forehead.

She initiated few steps forward as she faced him, "What do you mean?" She inquired.

"I mean, somehow I would take granny, I mean your employer's permission to let us stay even after your working hours and we can easily work on it" he suggested.

"And what makes you think that I would agree?" She questioned, folding her arms, "You are a complete stranger to me" she commented further.

"I just hope to," Harsh replied in a slow tone. Silently sighing, he continued, "I really need your help and I need to prove myself in this," he paused as he stepped closer, maintaining a distance, of course. "Furthermore, we can befriend each other. Your friends were also once strangers to you. Likewise, we would be no more strangers" he added as he smiled.

Meera thought about it.
He looked like a gentleman to her, but she can't judge someone right away.

What if he is some kind of a creepy guy, bipolar or a chauvinist, she could never know.

Meera here was being safe.

"I'll think about it" she said and turned on her heel, finally walking inside.

She just hoped somehow, that no matter what, granny should never agree to whatever Harsh was thinking.

But deep down, she found him genuine. Unike other guys who are always touchy and creepy. Like from a couple days earlier, where a guy was being disrespectful, touched her wrist real hard, even the cafe was quite crowdy.

The way he maintained distance between them and interacted being respectful, prevented herself to think inappropriate about the guy.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Harsh was expecting her to agree. There was no other option to know her. She would definitely wouldn't like them meeting somewhere else like the type of a girl she was.

He realized he was acting like a lovestruck teenager.

For the first time, he experienced being lovestruck.

There was something about her that pulled him to her, like a magnet.

He cringed earlier, watching those romantic movie dialogues but now when he goes back to time and reminisces about them, they did made sense.

All he wanted now was, to make his silent Angel smile which could really reach her eyes.

**********

Hey Amigos,

A short one!
I'm sorry about it.
I couldn't think more about it!

But stay up to my story!

Tell me how you like it till now!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.