Chapter-8

Meera was peacefully sleeping.

The painkillers she had been taking for her injuries made her feel so drowsy. But, they did helped too.

But she wasn't okay yet.

Of course, it had been only a day that accident took place. She was glad though, that it wasn't major. It would have been a major problem otherwise.

There was a continuous ringing of the doorbell.

Feeling all the way more sleepy, Meera ignored it. The doorbell wasn't much disturbing her.

"Just go whoever you are and let me sleep"
Meera muttered stirring as she groaned when the person continued knocking at the door mercilessly.

Growling over frustrations, Meera decided to check whoever it was at the door.

Walking with great difficulty, she reached her living room. At the moment, she was grateful to herself that she didn't live in a big house as it would have been difficult for her to walk in this injured state.

"It might be Ruby"
She said to herself again glancing at the living room wall clock. It was the time to end her shift.

Opening the door ajar, she yawned and there stood Harsh. He frowned as he witnessed Meera with a couple of bandages and that wasn't a pleasant sight at all.

Meera's jaw fell to the ground finding him at her door.

She was furious too.

"Hi, may I come in?" He asked as she continued giving him those angry stares.

"How dare you come here at my place," indeed she was outraged. She didn't want him to interfere in her life and she definitely didn't need his concern or whatsoever.
"How did you find my address in the first place?" She added as her eyes twisted up in annoyance. Her gaze squinted towards him, who was still at her door.

"I'll explain, just let me get in first," he uttered calmly, "I promise I will leave sooner" he further added as she eyed his expressions.

He seemed no harm.

"Fine," saying so Meera gave him a room to walk in as she slowly closed the main door.

She felt dizzy all of a sudden and she needed water. Disoriented, she walked towards the kitchen only to be stopped by Harsh.

"Where are you going, are you alright?" He asked concerned, as he spotted her pressing her forehead repeatedly.

"Yeah, I just need water" she replied hastily, physical tiredness could be seen from her appearance.

"I will bring it for you" He said making Meera jerk her face towards him, "Only if you want me to, of course" he further added stepping a little forward.

Meera couldn't take it any longer as she lost her balance. Before she could collapse on the cold ground, Harsh approached her as he helped her to make her way to her room.

"Wait here, I'll be back with water" he said as he hurried to her kitchen.

Taking out a bottle of water, he rushed back to her.

"Here," he made her drink as she gulped a medicine with it.

Furthermore, even after her protests, he made her sit comfortably on her bed, resting her back as she gave him her questioning look.

"You live here alone?" He asked, wanting to know about her parents indirectly.

Meera nodded in her reply.

"I'm sorry to land myself here like this, I heard you got injured and I couldn't stop myself from coming here and see you if you're alright" he said all at once as he stood there watching her expressions.

"It's okay, Thank you" she responded as she asked him to take a seat.

"How are you feeling now, you want me to call a doctor," Harsh inquired with concerned filled voice.

"I'm fine," she replied as she shook a little.

"Okay," and then there was a few moments of awkward silence.

He was about to speak when Meera's phone rang breaking the silence between them.

She picked it up as Harsh found himself leaving her alone, thinking that she might not want him to hear her conversing with someone else.

Meera smiled at the little gesture but soon maintained a straight composure as she shifted her attention back to the caller ID and it was from her brother's hostel.

Frowning deeply, she pressed the answer button as she placed the phone on her ear.

"I hope Abhi's fine."
She thought as she hoped everything was fine with her little brother.

**********

**********

Hey Amigos,

How was it?

Share your views and let me know how you liked it.

Feel free to point out the errors and typos, if there are any:)

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.