Chapter-13

"Is that true?"
Meera questioned herself. It was quite a big deal for her to accept the fact that she did liked this creature called Harsh.

Who could resist though.

He was a guy next door type and every girl fought for his attention, like the girl with whom he was.

Certainly, Harsh didn't like her though and Meera couldn't grasp the obvious fact. But he had his eyes only for Meera, the moment he set his eyes on her for the first time.

"Do I possibly like him, like Ruby claims me to be?" She questioned herself again but soon shook her head dismissing the thought away.

"I'm talking to myself like a fool," she declared as she poured herself the cup of cocoa latte. Unintentionally, she reminded herself about them drinking it together at often times at her place while she carried an injured leg. And the memory only brought a genuine and huge smile on her lips followed by other certain times too, where they often hung out together.

"I should just stop thinking about him.
I'm going all crazy like a stupid lovestruck teenager," she decided for herself taking a sip of her favorite drink, "Whatever it is, I should stop meeting him. I don't want to get hurt in the end" she lectured herself again as she turned.

Meera yelped in shock as her heart pounded against her chest.

Cause there stood a smirking Harsh as he folded his arms, examining her expressions.

"You gave me a fright," Meera exclaimed sighing in relief, "What are you doing here?" She asked as he found him still smirking evilly.

"Did he possibly listen when I was stupidly talking to myself?"
Meera thought to herself.

"Since when have you been standing here?" Meera enquired dubiously.

"From the moment you started thinking about me" Harsh gave her a smug smile.

"What nonsense," Meera tried to sound normal but her voice betrayed her which sounded obviously pretty nervous. She walked passing him as she settled herself in front of the television on the same couch where he told her that he liked her, "Why would I talk about you to myself?" Meera questioned as she shrugged, sipping on her mocha trying to seem unaffected and casual.

"But darling," Harsh sat beside her might she add dangerously close and Meera's heart skipped a beat at the endearment he just used for her. But she succeeded showing no affect on her demeanor, or so she thought. Harsh continued, "I didn't say that you were talking to yourself about me, I said you were thinking about me" he completed smugly again as he shifted more closer to her and this only made Meera disturbed.

Realizing her stupidity, Meera bit her tongue in embarrassment. She fidgeted with her fingers as she found herself stumbling over words.

"I...uh...it was not how you think, I mean...I wasn't...." she trailed off as she took in a long breath, trying to calm down her tensed nerves.

"It's okay babe," he grinned mischievously, "I understand, I feel the same for you. Don't you worry" he completed leaving a deep frown on her forehead.

"What do you mean," she responded gruffly, "You're day dreaming, you are not on my mind, get that" she hissed as she scooted away from him.

"Really," he leaned against her face dangerously closer, "Why does your heartbeat turns uneven when I'm this closer to you!" he smirked as he removed the loose tendrils off of her mesmerizing face.

Oh how bad he wanted to kiss her, touch her.

"You are hallucinating," Meera declared as he pushed him away firmly.

She witnessed something flashing over his eyes, but brushed it off as she maintained a straight face.

Harsh very well knew that she was suppressing her feelings and he found himself deciding not to pressurize her regarding that.

Obviously, she was going through an inner battle accepting the fact as everything was so new to her.

He sensed about her feelings for him this morning itself, her expressions changing as she looked at Alina, her friend. He had no idea about the cold war that took place between them already. He noticed the both girls exchanging those angry stares though.

He tried to tell her a number of times that she is nothing but a friend, but Alina being stubborn, thought she could change his mind.

Only if she knew, that the guy she's trying to impress, is already someone else's, he belonged to Meera.

He already chose Meera and she did too, only its a matter of time till where she no longer control these beautiful sensations and feelings she felt for Harsh.

**********

Hey Amigos,

How was it?

Share your views on this one.
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.