Chapter-5

The day started again in hurry for Meera as she stayed up quite late last night. The exams were approaching and she hardly found time to prepare.

The only time she got was at night after dinner. But sometimes it gets so exhausting as her job was kind of tiring, rushing here and there all over her work place. She gets to sit very less.

Meera entered the coffee shop and again spotted the same guy she had been witnessing since these past couple of days.

"What was his name!" Meera wondered as she placed her books in her locker. She brought them here thinking and hoping that she might get some time and she could go through them for some time.

"I think he addressed himself as Harsh" she mumbled to herself again as she glanced over him. He was busy again on his laptop.

"He comes here everyday only to work or do you think there might be an other reason?" Ruby interrupted her thoughts as Meera shrugged, "What do you think, Meera?" She added.

"I have no idea," Meera replied.
"Hey, I remember you having your coffee with him," Ruby asked as she wiggled her brows in excitement, "Did he ask you out? What's his name?" She squealed at the end that Meera cringed lightly.

"Not at all," Meera protested, "He said he doesn't want the coffee getting wasted, so he invited me and I agreed that's it and nothing else," she paused topping the espresso as she glanced over Ruby. Before she could speak or object, Meera added further, "Stop assuming things, he's not my type" she completed placing the tray on her hand.

"And he said his name was Harsh" Meera smiled as Ruby's brows knitted together.

"Harsh, what kind of a name is that?" Ruby made a weird face.
"It's a good name. It means happy," Meera chuckled pulling out her cheek only to get a teasing smirk from her.

Meanwhile, Meera's gaze stopped by Harsh who was already looking at her and waved, smiling broadly as ever and this gesture didn't go unnoticed by Ruby and few other people working there.

"I think he likes you, Meera" Ruby whispered teasing her again as she handed her the same espresso that was given to her by Meera a few moments back.

Meera gave her a questioning look to which Ruby signalled to place the order at his table.

"What! Im not placing it, it's your table by the way" Meera countered.

Before she could give the tray back to her, Ruby walked away, completely ignoring her. She took a swift glance at the smiling idiot, and as expected, he was smiling.

"Here" Meera placed his order.
"Have a seat!" He requested.

Meera leaned forward, and spoke in a quiet voice only for him to hear, "Meet me outside near the parking area, I need to talk to you" saying so she walked away.

Harsh finished his drink as soon as possible, eager to meet her.

He was excited.

He remembered asking her about the places they could meet, but she didn't reply.

"Probably because this was her job place and she couldn't interact with customers in front of granny" he thought.

"I guess she wanted to help me, that might be the reason she asked me to meet outside." He mumbled.

The moment Harsh laid his eyes on her, he was lovestruck.

Yes, he liked her the moment he saw her for the first time and coincidentally, she was smiling, probably not genuine but yet he found it mesmerizing.

He had been coming here to work on a single assignment, he needed his favorite cup of Choco mocha and hazelnut latte while working on it and so he stopped by his granny's cafe and it saved him from the kind of disturbance he faced because of his friends.

And now he felt grateful to his granny for opening this cafe where it let him meet a beautiful yet kind girl like Meera.

Her kindness could be visible on her face.

He wanted to spend some time with her, not like in a creepy way, but to know her better. He always witnessed a kind of gloominess on her face and he had this sudden urge to vanish that sadness away from her beautiful face, replacing it with a very genuine smile.

And that's the reason he asked her to help with this particular project and this might turn out good on his part too.

Taking a last sip of his coffee, he hurriedly sprinted towards outside where she asked him to meet, with a broad smile on his face.

"Hey Meera," he grinned happily, "I'm here, what you wanted to talk?" He asked as she gave him a pointed stare.

**********

Hey Amigos,

So how was it?

Share your views:)

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.