Chapter-7

It was a normal mid day and Harsh became impatient.

Reason?

Meera's absence in the cafe.

He really wanted to see her, but she was not there.

A part of her was sad.

Finally after two cups of his hot chocolate and a cup of plain coffee Harsh got up, making his way towards the counter, where he often admired Meera from afar.

He stood there as Ruby asked him about his discomfort.

"Uh..Meera isn't here...." before he could complete, Ruby smirked.

"Oh Meera," her lips twisted into a teasing smile, "She couldn't make up today, she's on leave" she informed.

"Is she alright, I mean..." again he was cut off by a smirking Ruby.

"Yes, absolutely," she started nonchalantly as she topped the chocolate pastry with extra toppings, "This day of every month, is reserved for her baby brother, who's little mentally challenged" she informed as she gave him a small smile, averting her attention on him for a nano second.

Relief washed over him as he left the cafe.

Meanwhile, Meera was returning as the meeting hours were over. She was glad knowing about his brother's recovery.

She smiled unconsciously.

Finally reaching her street, she descended from the bus as she hurried towards her place.

She glanced over her wrist watch. It was still early.

She was about to cross the road when an unbalanced motorbike approached her way. She was shocked, yet she managed to get off it's way but still it wasn't enough.

She got hit as she fell over the hard ground. It wasn't major but it did hurt.

Meera winced in pain.

The people around there helped her somehow to reach hospital and treat her wounds and the injured leg.

Her ankle was fractured.

With the help of Ruby, she managed to land herself safely to her cozy little home.

The other day, Harsh was back as usual. His face was all smiles but it turned upside down the moment he found the absence of Meera again.

He waited for her to arrive.
But he didn't knew about her small painful accident.

Signing in to his laptop, he tried to concentrate on his upcoming college project, but still, his concentration wavered, shifting between Meera and the subject he was working on.

He glimpsed at the bottom of his laptop screen and it showed past 1 in the afternoon.

Finally giving up, packing his papers and PC, he strode towards the same counter he enquired about Meera the other day and the same girl, Ruby smiled at him slyly.

"About Meera?" She asked before he could query about her whereabouts.

He nodded slightly.

"Well, she's unwell," she paused and his forehead creased into a deep frown out of worry, "She got hit" she added shortly making him widen his eyes at her in shock and anxiousness.

"What! Is she alright?" He asked desperately.

"Yes" she replied giving him a weird look.

"Where do I meet her?" He asked to which she eyed him scrutinized, for a moment, he felt uncomfortable.

"No," she reprimanded, "But since you are concerned, I'll give you the address" she added making him smile.

"Thanks" he acknowledged.

Ruby sensed that he liked Meera.
And being a responsible friend, she wanted Meera to loosen up a little. She didn't like the way she stressed herself out.

Meera always denied to meet any of the friends or cousins that Ruby suggested. She arranged few dates too, but Meera being herself, never gave it a thought.

So, contradictorily, Ruby thought to set her up with this cute and nice guy. She wanted Meera to live her life to the fullest. According to her, it makes our life easy and happening.

And Harsh seemed quite nice to her.

"But dare you hurt her, I'll kick you where the sun doesn't shine. Got it?" She warned to which Harsh nodded.

"Don't worry, I don't intend on hurting her. Trust me" he reassured her.

"Okay," she said.
"Thank you and see ya" saying so he rushed towards the given address.

It wasn't that far.

**********

Hey Amigos,

How was it?

Share your reviews:)

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.