Chapter-11

"Well, I don't know what to say," Meera replied hesitantly as she averted her eyes away from Harsh. It became harder for her to held his gaze any longer.

He smiled adoring her as he laughed lightly. Meera forced herself to look beside her, only to find a grinning Harsh.

"What!" She exclaimed, her stomach doing flip flops.

"Why do you seem so tensed," he phrased smiling at her, "I just expressed what I felt for you. No big deal. I don't expect anything in return" he completed as he brought his hand up to her cheeks.

Meera was baffled as she couldn't think properly.

She found him stroking her cheek lightly, as a genuine smile played at the corner of his lips and this made her smile too, unconsciously.

Harsh leaned in, as her heart jumped up and down. She thought he was going to kiss her. Just a mere thought of his lips against hers made her feel the butterflies and tingles. She couldn't grasp what was happening with her. She never felt like this before.

Meera just closed her eyes, why she didn't back away, was unknown for her too and finally his lips contacted her skin, like a soft caress. But she felt herself frowning as his lips touched her forehead instead of her lips and somewhere deep down, she found her heart sinking in disappointment.

Realizing her irrational thoughts, Meera brushed them away as she opened her eyes visible for Harsh to look into her brown orbs.

He was smiling continuously.

What is he?

Meera questioned herself in daze, as his ways started making her feel unusual. He was different from all the guys she encountered. Never in her lifetime, she came across a guy like him, who respected her privacy and feelings.

It had been more than a week, that she helped him by tutoring him and he became quite close to her emotionally.

"Lets start," his normal voice brought her out of her reverie.
"Or you plan to look at me the entire day?" He teased, "Am I that attractive, I don't mind though" he smirked as she felt her cheeks burning on fire.

Realizing her uneasiness, he again spoke, "I was joking" he laughed softly as he pulled out her cheeks in adoration.

For the first time ever, Meera experienced herself being bashful in front of a guy. She was blushing visibly as a smile crept at the corner of her lips.

The next day was so serene. Meera found herself so confident and happy, reason being unknown to her. She couldn't justify her happiness but she felt happy reminiscing about the events, where Harsh confessed about the fondness he felt for her.

Grinning big and wide, She made her way to her closet and took out her uniform and started getting ready.

She found herself eager to reach her work place as soon as possible, probably to see Harsh. It was routine for them.

Everyday, he's at the cafe working on his laptop while she waits tables. His friends sometimes join him too and Meera didn't like his friends. They are so high profile and are not fond of their equation.

In between shifts and small gaps, Harsh would entertain her by cracking few of his lame and pathetic jokes. Again she found her heart fluttering for reason again being unknown.

With a bright smile on her face, Meera pushed the entrance door to get in and witness his cheerful face.

But in exchange of a smiling Harsh, she noticed him hugging another girl as the girl pecked his cheeks. The closeness they shared, made Meera to see some real sense.

That's what Meera thought but that wasn't the reality.

Cause, sometimes the heart and eyes doesn't see the reality, it only likes to see what we expect it to be and here, Meera thought he was just playing with her.

But she couldn't blame him.

He only said that he liked her. She never confessed the same thing for him. And deep down, she knew she did like him but seeing him with that same rude girl, made her blood boil.

Harsh doesn't know that she was a cheater and Meera decided to tell him her reality. No matter if he still liked her or not, that was a secondary thing. To save him from a heartbreak, she needed to tell him about her.

Meera was being dense.

She thought he was emotionally attached to Alina.

He just confessed the other night, that he adores her and likes her and She thought he was inviting an heartbreak by being that close with Alina. That was quite dense.

Probably, it was indeed her likeness for him that made her stupid.

Whatever the reason might be, but their closeness was affecting her badly and all she could do was curse Alina passionately.

**********

Hey Amigos,

Meera got something inside her..
She liked him!

How was it?

You don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.