Chapter-14

It was a not so pleasant morning as Meera was sick. The whether caught her up badly.

Sneezing and coughing a couple more times, she finally parted with her loving cozy bed. She didn't feel like going to the cafe but the images of Harsh and Alina came back running into her mind.

"No, I need to go"
She exclaimed in horror as she got herself ready.

Swallowing a pain killer, Meera stepped out of her little home, making her way to her work.

The same work place, where she met her special friend, Harsh. A single thought of him made her smile.

"Hi Ruby," she greeted her friend as a sneeze escaped her nose. Excusing herself, she left her bag in her locker.

While her way back to the kitchen, Meera found a familiar figure through the glass doors, which was Suzanne's cabin.

Looking over it, she realized there were two familiar figures. One was Harsh, who managed to bring those giddy feelings in her heart and other was granny.

Meera remembered about their meet in the park one day and Suzanne being very helpful to her when she needed this job desperately and as the cafe was just started, she wanted employees too.

"What was he doing in her cabin?" Meera asked herself as she waited for him to come out. But her job was more important as she left them alone after a while, when any of them decided not to come out.

"I noticed the lover boy making his way to granny's cabin" Ruby stated casually as Meera glared at her for addressing him as the lover boy.

She named him that the moment she realized that he liked her. Meera was against it but she could not control or stop her from calling him that. All she did was scowl at her whenever she used that.

"Was she his girlfriend?" Ruby inquired.
"Who?" Meera surely knew whom she meant but she chose to sound unknown regarding Ruby's query.

"The girl whom you messed with the other day" she replied smirking as Meera's eyes twisted as her lips curled up too in distaste.

"I don't know" Meera responded bluntly as she arranged the mugs in their usual place.

"I don't care though" she added right back taking a swift glance at her side, only to find a lively and enjoyable smirk on Ruby's face.

"What!" Meera exclaimed quirking up her brows.

"Nothing, let's see how far this denial thing continues" Ruby chuckled making Meera give her a grouchy look.

"Can I take him?" All of a sudden, Ruby bantered and this made Meera jerk her face towards her, "No," her instant and urgent reply made Ruby smile trickily. Meera just stared at her bewildered.

Ruby again smirked at her as she looked down bashfully. She couldn't resist it anymore. Could she?

"There's quite a number of girls fighting for his attention Meera," Ruby tried to explain her, "He chose you, you are really very very special to him. I think he already loves you" Ruby stopped as she gave her a small understanding smile.

Meera's heart fluttered in happiness upon hearing such words. He wanted them to be real.

No matter how hard she denied, but she wanted him to love her and say those things to her.

"Let go of your fears. Try to be yourself. Try to make yourself happy and follow your heart. Don't control your feelings. Its such a beautiful thing. Live it, I suggest you not to hold back your emotions anymore sweetheart," Ruby added all at once as she stepped closer holding her arm in an assuring way.

"Why according to you could be the reason he shows up here everyday, at the same cafe?" She questioned as Meera glanced at her with a slight frown.

"What?" Meera asked, it was a low whisper.

Did love really made her dense.

"For you, you stupid girl," Ruby hissed lightly hitting her arm, "Suzanne is his granny" Meera's eyes widened in surprise as she looked at her in shock. She couldn't grasp the fact that he was practically his employer.

"How did you know that?" Meera inquired once she was out of her daze.

Now it made sense. He witnessed him at granny's cabin this morning.

"Everyone knows, I don't know why he hid it from you" she shrugged as Meera walked to the counter, checking if he showed up or not.

A smile replaced her lips as he found him grinning and waving at her.

She made her way slowly to him.
His continuous gaze on her made her feel tingles and she experienced goosebumps. Her cheeks were so warm. She was blushing.

Everything else was blur for her.
She was finally going to tell him the truth.

She wasn't going to express her inner feelings because he was her employer's grandson, but because she had to. Because he was Harsh, only Harsh.

On the other hand, Harsh was ecstatic. The distance between them was lessening as Meera approached him with this big smile. He couldn't be more contented.

"Hey," he spoke softly as he got up.
"Could you possibly meet me outside?" She asked like before,the day when she declined to help him. It was the second time she asked. First was when she rejected for tutoring him.

"After you babe" he grinned boyishly and her heart fluttered and with that endearment, her cheeks turned the shape of crimson red all over again.

**********

Hey Amigos,

How was it?

Only 2 or 3 chapters are remaining, I guess:)

I'm close to completing this one too!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Love y'all😘
~Taani Singh.