SEVEN

Chapter Seven
-

I followed my father into the woods silently. I was shivering and my teeth were clattering. Where on earth is he going? The sky looked awfully beautiful. The moon shined on the white snow. It seemed as though I've been walking for hours.

Then I start to hear yelling. I can hear a man yelling for help. Father keeps walking and I see him stop I front of three men. One of the men was on his knees. I crouch behind a tree and watch in confusion. I crawl a little closer so that I can hear.

"Please. I promise I'll get you your money. Please!" The man begs and I hear chuckles.

"I gave you plenty of time." I recognized the voice. It's the man! Peter Twombly. Why are they here? What's going on?

"I beg you. Don't kill me! I have a family! Two daughters and a son! Please!" Kill him?!

"You should've thought of that when you had the time to get my money." Peter Twombly says and chuckles darkly. Why is my father here?

"Micheal, please don't do this. Go back to your family. Don't kill me! Don't do this to your children!"

"I am doing this for them." My father says before I see him take out a gun from his coat and aim at the mans head. The whole world was frozen for a minute. Then my father kills the poor man. I put a hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming. Tears were running down my face.

"Well done, Mr.Lightwood." Peter Twombly says and hand my father money. I now see my father for what he truly is. I get up and start running the other direction.

"Who's there?" I hear my father call and I run faster. I didn't know where to go. I can't go back home. I can't even look at my father. I decide to go to the one place or more specifically the one person that I feel safe with.

I run to the Blythe's home. My legs feel numb and my lungs burned. My tears were nowhere close to stopping. How could my father do this? I knock on the door praying that Gilbert will answer. Praying that his father won't.

The door opens and I see a sleepy Gilbert. His eyes widen when he recognizes me.

"Eliza?" He asks then he notices my hysterical state. He pulls me into the house and takes me to his room. In any other circumstances I would have been a blushing mess. We sit on his bed.

"Eliza? Talk to me! Please. Elizabeth!" He was probably confused and worried.

"My father... how could he?" Gilbert looks confused.

"What,what did he do? Talk to me Eliza." I shake my head.

"I wish I could tell you. I really do but ... I- I can't!"

"Eliza you can trust me with anything. If you didn't want me to tell anyone then I wouldn't." I nod.

"I do trust you,Gilbert but I'm afraid that you won't look at me the same if I tell you."

"Eliza,nothing and I mean nothing could change the fact that I am in love with you." He grabs my face and was wiping my tears. I've stopped crying by now. In love with me?

"I really want too." I whisper and he sighs but kisses my head.

"Maybe you will in the morning. For now,let's get some sleep." He lays down and motions for me to lay next to him. We lay on our sides facing each other. I trace my fingers on his face and he stares at me.

"I love you too." I suddenly say and he pulls me closer to him.

"I thought you forgot about that." He mumbles.

"How could I forget about my boyfriend telling me he's in love with me?" I say and look up at him.

"Didn't know if you felt the same yet." He mutters sleepily.

"I love you Gilbert Blythe."

"I love you too,Eliza." Soon Gilberts breathing is even and soothing. I couldn't go to sleep. My mind kept replaying the scene where my father killed that man.

I feel Gilbert instinctively pull me closer to him and I sigh. I do hope that I will one day marry him. Sleep finally overcomes me.

________

Sorry for the short chapters.