TEN

Chapter Ten
-
A few years later...

"Stand down! Put your hands in the air or I will shoot!" I yell as I point the gun at the man. The man freezes and slowly raises his hands in the air. I handcuff him and take him to the station.

"Nice to see you detective. See you brought a date." Sheriff Kyle says and I chuckle.

"Yeah he's a charmer." I say and an officer takes him from me.

"What brings you back home?" I sit down with a sigh.

"James and Anne have just had their first child. I came to see the little monster." I say and he chuckles.

"You all are so young. I didn't have my first child till I was 30 and Anne here is only 18! And you! A detective at 19! That is supposed to be impossible." I laugh and shrug.

"I best be going. Great seeing you." I head out and head to James home. I pass by my old home and sigh. After my father got arrested and was sentenced for life my mother became depressed and she soon passed away a couple
Years later. It was a horrible time for us.

I knock on the door and James opens it.

"Eliza!" He pulls me into a huge hug.

"How is my favorite sister?"

"I am your only sister,James." I laugh and he chuckles.

"Come in! " I follow James through the big house and into a room. There Anne was holding a baby.

"Oh how adorable!" I squeal.

"Eliza meet Cordila Lightwood." I chuckle at the name. Anne's dream name. The baby girl had auburn hair and green eyes. She sure was a beauty. She had a bit of freckles but not as much as Anne's.

"She is beautiful. I'm so happy for the two of you." I say and James nods.

"This shall be quite the adventure." Anne's murmurs. My big brother already starting a family of his own.

"How long will you be staying?" Anne asks and I think for a second.

"Well I am on vacation. I thought why not spend it here. If that's alright?" I ask and Anne scoffs.

"Of course it's alright! You're always welcome! James has missed you dearly as have I." I smile and James shows me the room I will be staying in.

"It's great to see you,Eliza. I'm glad you're here."

"Me too." I reply and he leaves. I start unpacking my belongings. Maybe this trip won't be so bad. I need this .

______