FIFTEEN

Chapter Fifteen

-

I was waiting for my train and my heart was broken once again. We weren't even together and he still broke my heart. I don't think I will ever stop loving him and that's what made me angry. I wanted to move on and forget about him  but that seemed near impossible. He will always have my heart. How can one person have such a hold on you?

I hear the train horn signaling the train was near. This time I was the one leaving. I was the one running away. Away from Gilbert.

"You okay,miss?" A elder man asks and I realize that a traitor tear slipped. I quickly wipe it and force a smile.

"Yes I'm okay." I reply but I knew I was lying and I think he knew too.

"Ah young love. " I frown and face the man.

"Excuse me?" I ask and he smiles at me.

"Oh I know that look. Love can be so tragic sometimes. Not like what any of the fairytales say. Not everyone gets their happily ever after. So a boy broke your heart?" He asks and crosses his leg.

"You  could say that. He broke my heart a long time ago when we were young then he left. He came back and reopened something I didn't know was there. But he doesn't love me."

"So you're leaving?" He asks and I nod.

" The woman I loved when I was somewhat your age did too. I was a damn fool and I let her. I'll regret not stopping her for the rest of my life." His words hit me hard. I don't know what I would do if Gilbert came running after me and stopped me from leaving.  He probably won't.

"I'm sorry." I say and he shakes his head.

"It's in the past. Nothing I can do now." Then I see my train pull up. I give the man a smile.

"I must go now. Goodbye." I say and he nods at me as a farewell. I pick up my luggage and I hesitate but start walking towards the train doors. My heart was telling me to stay but my mind was telling me to go. I wait in line as people hand in their tickets and board the train. I finally step up and hand the captain my ticket and he nods for me to go in. I go to step in  but freeze when I hear yelling but think nothing of it.

"Eliza! Eliza wait!" I frown and turn around. My eyes widen when I see Gilbert running towards me. I get out of line and walk towards him.

"Gilbert! What are you doing here?" I ask and he stops in front of me breathing hard.

"You can't leave." He says and my eyebrows scrunch together.

"Why not?" He starts to fidget.

"Um because-"

"Look Gilbert I really have to go. You have made your decision. You don't want me and it's okay. I don't hate you. You deserve to be happy with the person you are in love with. Now I must leave. Goodbye Gilbert." I grab my bags once again and I turn around and start to walk away.

Suddenly my free hand is grabbed and I'm whirled around and my lips crash onto lips.  My eyes are wide with surprise but I soon close them and I savor his kiss. His soft lips moved against mine. His warm embrace was soothing and I never wanted to leave. He pulls away and I slowly open my eyes and meet his.

"I will always want you, Eliza. Please don't leave me. I beg you to not leave me and I want to be happy with you the person I love." He confesses and I'm speechless.

"Then why were you acting so cold towards me?" I ask softly and his arms tighten around me.

"I thought that you would be happier without me. I already broke your heart once and I did not want to hurt you again. But now I realize that I was hurting the both of us instead and I want to be selfish and I want you." I look at him for a second then I kiss him.

"I love you." He mumbles and I smile into the kiss.

"I love you too, Mr. Blythe." I mutter and he smiles that beautiful smile and I swear I fall in love with him a million more times. I look over at the old man and he gives me a wink. I cant help but smile at him.