EIGHT

Chapter Eight
-

I wake up and it's hard to open my eyes from all my crying last night. I looked to see Gilbert staring at me with a soft smile.

"Good morning gorgeous." He mumbled and kisses my head. I give him a sad smile. He pushes the hair out of my face.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks and I sigh. I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted all of this to go away.

"My father has done something unforgivable and I don't know what to do." I say and Gilbert rubs my back.

"I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better." I smile at him and lean in and kiss him softly.

"That helped." I say when I pull away and he grins.

"I am a good kisser,aren't I?" I hit his shoulder playfully. He laughs and kisses me passionately.

"I'm so in love with you." He says with such sincerity. I cup his face in my hands and smile at him. He always makes me forget the bad things in my life.

"I think I love you more." I whisper back and he rolls his eyes.

"Impossible!" I laugh and we stay in bed for the rest of the morning until I have to leave and face my parents. I kiss Gilbert goodbye and slowly make my way home.

I walk in quietly and my parents and James were sitting at the table.

"Where have you been,young lady?" My mother exclaimed.

"I uh just needed some fresh air and I accidentally fell asleep. I'm sorry." I mumble and I avoid my fathers gaze. I was so angry and afraid. I am afraid of my own father.

"Just don't do it again,Eliza. You really scared us." I just nod and quickly head up to my room.
I lay there for a while in silence when James bursts into my room.

"Eliza..." James seems speechless and I frown in confusion.

"What? What's going on,James?" I ask and stand up.

"It's Gilbert." He says and my world freezes.

_____

Sorry for this short ass chapter.