Chapter Two || A Little Attatchment

"I think it likes you," Dark remarks, glancing over his shoulder. You cringe, shrinking into his embrace as much as possible.

"No! No, that's wrong! Why would it like me? WRONGNESS IS THAT! It's going to eat me!"

"Spiders don't eat people."

"Not directly! They eat bugs, that eat dead things- which are corpses!"

"You're not a corpse."

"I might as well be in this wasteland!"

"No wonder you're so heavy then," He grins, "All deadweight."

Ignoring his comment, you brave a peek over his broad shoulder and scan the passing ground.

"Hm? It's gone. You made it seem like it was following us."

The red head shrugs, making no move to look or care. "Maybe it got bored."

"Spiders don't get bored, do th-?" Your breath catches in your throat. Large, black bug eyes stare at you, inches away. The spider had climbed Dark's back unnoticed.

"Aaaaa!" You jump from Dark and race ahead to Anti, leaping into his arms. The Irishman staggers, surprised with the added weight, but manages to hold his footing.

"(Y/n)? Wha's a matter?"

"ITS FOLLOWING ME!" You squeal, pointing to the spider, which was scuttling towards the pair of you now. Anti shrieks in response, tossing you into that air like a sack of potatoes.

"ANTI!" You exclaim, limbs flailing. He recovers quickly, and manages to snatch you by your hips while you nose dive toward the ground. His grip is loose, and your head skims the dirt. Upside down, your heart stops.

It was... Right... There...

"Anti...?" You whisper, fearful. Anti's hold tightens, but he doesn't pull you up.

"Say hello, (Y/n)."

"What?!" You hiss, near hysterical, not daring to take your eyes off the arachnid.

"It's na' hostile... It seems to like you. Jus' say hello and see what happens."

You are silent, the spider nor you moving, gazes locked. You lick your lips.

"Hi...?" You say tentatively.

It emits a high pitched squeal, and scuttles towards you. You freak, clawing at Anti's arms to pull yourself up and cling to his shoulders, fearing for your life.

"(Y/n)! Calm down!" Anti tries unsuccessfully to peel you from his chest. "Look it, i's not chasin' you!"

"Why did it have to be the spiders..." You whisper, traumatized. "Why couldn't it have been the butterflies?"

"Because," Dark responds, walking up. "Raspy Hill is child friendly."

He stoops down and offers his claws to the spider, but it rears up its front legs and hisses at him. He immediately backs off, hands up in mock surrender. "Well, it doesn't like me."

"Then it is going to eat me!" You conclude. "If two of God's mistakes don't get along, what advantage do I have??"

"Ouch." Dark shakes his head, then nimbly plucks you from Anti's chest and sets your feet on the ground, keeping a firm grip on your shoulders. The spider crawls towards you, head up and pincers clicking.

"Dark lemme go!"

"Nope."

"OmG DArK, I sWEAr-!"