Chapter Four || Women Do All That... Women-y Stuff

A unanimous decision was made to give you a grand tour of the Card house. From the vestibule a door led you into the Reception room, and to the left was a small alcove with seating. Furniture was covered with dusty white cloth. To the right an entryway opened up into the spacious Parlor, scattered with turned over wooden chairs, and tucked into the corner was the fireplace grate. They ushered you through another entryway into the Dining room, where a long strong wood table was sitting on its side against the wall, high backed chairs stacked on top of each other next to it. A swing door revealed a large pantry, with several layers of shelves that held jars of unidentifiable substances, and cleaning supplies. Past the other swing door into the kitchen, only slightly smaller than the Parlor. An 8 foot cabinet held many sets of fine china, glass and tableware. A very skinny and steep set of rickety servants steps led a winding path from the kitchen to the second floor, and proceeded onto the third floor, though the tour continued on the aforementioned floor.

Upstairs held four bedrooms, the first to your immediate right, next to the bath. Down the lavish red carpeted hall showed another, wider and more grandeur staircase, leading into the Reception room, and the other three chambers. The hall closet located between the smallest chamber and the second of the biggest. The two largest bedrooms were side by side, their design mirroring each other.

Each room adorned a beautiful chandelier, as did the hall on the second floor, each had artistically painted wallpaper and intricately designed furniture. Though each room was covered in a fine layer of dust, smelled like mildew and rot, and probably was hosting families of mice.

"I thought you guys said this was your home; Why the total disregard for a little cleaning every now and then?" You question them after returning to congregate in the reception. You refused to take off your shoes for fear of catching any kind of disease that might be slitting along the mucky floors.

"Well sure it is, it's just been a couple years- We've all got other places to be." Anti says, as if demons went on business trips too.

"Besides, the cleaning's what we've got you for, Princess!" Sitch grins.

"Excuse me?"

"You're a woman, you do all that, you know, woman-y stuff." Wilford chimes in, sizing up your woman-ness with a flippant hand gesture.

"We're men, bachelors- we don't know anything about cleaning, or organization, or anything of the such." Dark smirks at you. "So we'll leave that up to you, (Y/n)."

You cross your arms, eyes narrowing. "And why would I want to do that?"

"It gets really cold outside at night, love, even colder when the Wanderers get close."

"Why? Who are the Wanderers?" You ask, nervous as to where this was going.

"Souls of the dead waiting to be reincarnated, or turn into Chaos. They tend to be very angry, aggressive and jealous. If they happen to get close, and realize you have everything they don't, well... Envy is a deadly sin, now isn't it?"

"Dark, are you threatening me?"

"I'm not the first thing you should feel threatened by here. I'm welcoming you to stay, here with us in our house, in the warmth, the safety here inside these walls. You're the one not willing to pull your own weight."

Don't demons just push your buttons?

"Fine! I clean your damn hell house."

"In exchange for food and bed," Dark nods. "Which brings up the question; There are four bedrooms in total, and seven of us. (Y/n), who do you wish to bunk up with?"

"Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!" Anti jumps up and down, smiling brightly and giggling at you. "We can play video games and eat snacks like a slumber party!"

"C'mon Princess," Sitch croons, expression tempting. "With me you won't have to worry about monsters creeping through the window to get you." He flexes impressively.

"Oh please!" Wilford waves the others away, like they were ridiculous to even think they were the right fit for you. "Stick with me, Sugar. I love to play games, and monsters- pfft! Wilford Wafstache don't take no [sass] from nobody! Plus, I have candy!"

"Miss (L/n)," Mitch steps forward, concerned look in his red and blue eyes. "These men have no respect for you, they won't treat you like I will. Besides- We can build a pillow fort!"

"I can promise you something no one else can," Dream offers, his voice low and yellow eyes comforting. "I can promise you will never have another nightmare as long as you lay by my side."

"You know me," Dark points out, "I'm the strongest, least likely to poison you, shoot you, or force you into anything you don't want to do. I'm the best choice."

I'm leaving this up to you guys! Tell me your vote in the comments! Give me a reason why! Will you bunk with...

Dark?

Anti?

Sitch?

Mitch?

Dream?

or Wilford?