Chapter Six || The Upcoming Past Events

When you woke, you weren't sure whether it was morning or not. The room remained dusk, from the time you fell asleep in Dark's embrace, to when your (e/c) eyes lazily blinked open. You tilt your head slightly, slowly registering the slumbering face of the red-haired demon, resting close to yours. You suppress a shiver, his cool body pressed against yours, stealing your heat. 

You head laid on one of his muscular arms, the other slipped around your waist, legs intertwined. You grasp around for a blanket, or a pillow, to cover yourself. Your fingers close around a small fuzzy object, and feel a startling sharp pinch on your hand. You jump and shriek, retracting your hand to see Clip struggling in your grip, squealing himself.

"Oh! Oh, I'm sorry!" You release him, and he falls back onto the covers, going silent. His head tilts up to you. Okay, okay. You blink and stare at him, astonished. Did he just...?

'Okay, okay'? He's talking to me. But... In my head?

"G' morning, babe."

"I'm not your babe, first of all." You reply, shifting so your laying on your side facing him and his arm falls from your waist.. "Secondly, Clip just communicated with me." Dark lazily lifts a brow, barely interested. "Yeah?"

"Yeah... I freaked, and he was like, 's okay fam, chill', but, like, in my head." He chuckles, amused. 

"Really, just like that, huh?" His expression settles into one of concentration. "Did you feel anything?"

"No--" You pause, reconsidering. "Something like a pinch in my hand..." Clip rears his two front legs to rest on your leg, as if in consolation. You hesitate, then lightly stroke his back with your middle and forefinger. The fur is coarse and scraggly, but you feel an underlying sense of comfort at the touch.

"I think you and him share a soul..." Dark says slowly, a calculating tone. Your eyes widen. Your gaze returns to the coin sized creature, abdomen shaped ominously like a skull.

"How do you figure?"

"Telecommunication is a sign of sharing souls. Plus, you became aware of his pain when you felt empathy towards him."

"Well... Crap." You say, at a loss for words. "Do you think that when my soul was ripped in half by Death, that half went to Clip?"

Dark ponders this a moment. "I don't think so... You're situation is so unique, it's hard to try to fit you into any normal standards we have. Virus was only able to save half of your soul, so he filled in the empty space with his own power."

"It that sufficient enough? Can his, or your, power actually repair a 'broken' soul, for lack of a better word?" You inquire, trying to wrap your head around this. You had, for the most part, pushed aside your half-dead-half-Virus-half-alive status aside while the following events transpired:

Your Aunt and cousin hadn't been able to comprehend why you wanted to stay with these strange men that had reportedly, 'found you on the side of the road, took you in, and nursed you back to health'.

"But... I just got you back." Carol whines, crushing you in her vanilla and daisy scented embrace.

"Yeah, what's the rush?" Jane says, tone suggesting she didn't particularly care either way.

"Chill, Auntie." You struggle to extricate yourself from her arms. "I'll come back and visit and stuff."

"But--"

"If I may interrupt," Dark steps forward, inserting himself in this glowing family moment as smooth and sweet as honey. He and Anti had dressed nicely, and cleaned up as to give off the impression of professionalism.