Chapter 1: An Adventure Awaits

Luke showed up at my house at about noon to talk about our trip into the hills. He brought his supplies and said that we would be camping as well.
     "Luke, you do know that I am not very good when it comes to camping. I-"
     He cut me off, "Mathew, It will be okay. I'll be there with you." He smiled and hugged me. I think that he knew how nervous I was.
     "Yeah, I know, Luke. I am happy that you will be there with me." I said as I turned back to packing.
     Luke helped me finish packing then we headed out to the car. Before Luke got into the car, he paused. "I knew that I forgot something." He said as he slapped himself playfully in the head.
     "What did you forget?" I was puzzled because Luke never forgets anything.
     "Your birthday present! I got you something for your birthday tomorrow. I thought that I would give it to you when we got to the camp sight." He got into the car and started it. "We will just have to stop at my house."
     I blushed because he always got me the best gifts. I loved him so much. "Okay, then. I don't mind stoping at your place first."
He turned on the radio and put in a new CD. On the CD, it read "Road trip playlist" so I knew it was another one of his mixtapes.
     We got to his house in about five minutes because he did not live that far away from me. Then it took him another five minutes to go into his house and get the gift. "Okay, I got it," he started.      "But you will get it once we get to the campsite."
     The trip to the trail lasted about an hour. We listened to the mixtape that Luke made and talked about what we were going to do once we got to the campsite. I honestly expected him to not want to take one of the trails at all, but he told me that we would take a trail halfway up then go off of it to this one unmarked trail he knows about.
      We got to the parking lot at about two. We both got out of the car and got our things. I looked around and saw only one other car in the parking lot. Luke took my hand in his and we started on the trail.