Chapter 10: The Police

The police arrived at the hospital thirty minutes later to talk to me and Luke about what happened to me. They asked all of the basic questions and they seemed to be very concerned about what happened.
     "We knew that there was a mad man in the hills, but he had never made a problem like this before." One of the officers said.
     "Yeah, but why is that man out there in the first place?" I asked the officer.
     "He escaped a mental hospital ten years ago, and has been roaming the hills ever since. We were never able to find him, so he just kind of stayed up there."
     "Well, please find him and put him back in the mental hospital." Luke said nervously.
      "Where did you come across him?" The second officer asked.
     "He was near an old abandoned house. It was not on one of the main paths, but he can tell you how to get to it." I said.
     We talked to the cops for a few minutes until I remembered the car that we saw. "Another thing about the hills is the car that is parked in the parking lot." I started, "it was there for the entire time that we were, but we never saw any other people. I thought maybe you could investigate that as well?"
     The police officer looked at me for a few second before responding. "We will look into it."
      Luke spent the next thirty minutes explaining how to get to the house to the police. After the police got the information they needed, they both left.

----------------Later that day---------------

Luke and I left the hospital and went to my house. We unpacked all of my stuff from his car then sat down on my couch.
"Next time we go hiking, we will not go to the hills." Luke said as he sat down next to me.
"Yeah, there is no way that I could ever go back to that hell." I commented.
"I'm just happy that you are okay,  Mathew." He said as he wrapped his arm around me, "I love you."