Chapter 3: The Storm

We were on the path for about thirty minutes when the weather started to get bad. The temperature dropped at least ten degrees at this point and a heavy fog rolled in.
     The fog got so dense I could not see two feet in front of my face, and then it started to rain.
     "Luke, can we stop for a minute?" I called out to Luke but I did not get a reply. "Luke? Stop playing games! This isn't funny!" I was scared because I could not see anything and I was alone.
     I stayed where I was and set up a tarp so I wouldn't get rained on anymore. Once i had "set up camp" I looked at my phone to see if I had any service. I could not get a signal out where I was, so all that I could do was wait out the storm and find Luke.
     I was not too worried about Luke because I knew that he could take care of himself. There was not a real reason to be worried about him.
     The storm lasted for three hours, and when it stopped it was too dark to go anywhere. So, I set up my tent and put the tarp that I was sitting under over it. I tried to get some sleep. I would have to look for Luke tomorrow.

-----------------------Luke-----------------------

     Luke was still hiking when the storm started, but when the rain got too heavy to continue, he stopped.
     "Mathew, I guess we will have to stop here and wait out the storm." He looked back for Mathew.
      "Mathew? Where are you?" He started to get worried when Mathew did not answer.
      "Matty! Sweetheart! Where are you?" He was shouting now. He knew that Mathew could not take care of himself in the wild.    He didn't know where he was or how far apart they were, so all he could do was set up his tent and wait till the morning.