Chapter 9: To the Hospital

The next day we woke up at seven in the morning. We ate breakfast then put the tent back in its bag.
     "First thing we are doing when we get out of here is getting you to the hospital to have your arm looked at." Luke said as he took my hand in his.
     "Okay." I said as we started walking.
     We walked for two hours before we got back to the car. We put all of our things into the car and we hoped into the front.
     "Hey, wait a second." I said as I looked around the parking lot.      "That car was here when we arrived."
     "Huh, yeah. I guess whoever owns it is still camping." Luke said as he backed up and started driving.
     As we drove to the hospital, Luke asked me what happened to me when he wasn't around. I told him about what the mad man did to me, and he seemed to be sad because he wasn't there for me when I really needed him.

----------------At The Hospital-------------

     We got to the hospital an hour later and went to the Emergency room. Luke took me up to the front desk and explained to the nurse what happened to me.
     "We went on a camping trip, and his arm got broke." He didn't take the time to explain in great detail what had happened to me because he knew that I needed medical attention as soon as possible.
     "Well it also looks like he has been cut, too." The nurse said gesturing to the gash across my cheek.
     "Yeah, I was-" I winced because I bit the inside of my cheek as spoke, and the gash started bleeding again because of this.
     We waited for about five minutes before a doctor took a look at me. When the doctor looked at my arm, he knew that it was broke. He also looked at the gash on my face and said that I needed stitches.
     After the doctor set my arm in a cast and stitched up the gash, he asked us what happened to cause this. I told the doctor everything that the mad man did to me, and he said that he would have us talk to the police.
     I really did not want to talk to the police because I was still in a lot of pain, but I really did not have a choice in the matter.