Chapter 8: Birthday Presents

We were both inside the tent talking about what had happened when Luke remembered something.
      "Oh! I almost forgot!" He reached into his bag and pulled out the present that he got me for my birthday. "Happy birthday, Matty."
     I blushed upon receiving the gift. "Awe, thank you, Luke."
I opened the package carefully so as to not mess up the wrapping paper. Inside the box was a new Cannon camera.
      "Luke! The camera-" I knew how expensive that it was, so I was shocked that he bought it for me. "It was so expensive. You didn't have to-"
    "Mathew," he cut me off, "you deserved it. Besides, I knew how much you have always wanted one." He paused then had a sweet look on his face. "That's not all that I have for you."
     "What! But this is already too much!" I was blushing extremely hard at this point.
     "We have been together for three years now, and I think that our relationship is going to last for many more years." He paused and pulled out a small box from his pocket, "Mathew, will you marry me?" As he asked me he opened the small box showing me a diamond ring.
     I sat there for a moment, stunned because I was not expecting him to ask me this. Finally I answered, "Y-Yes!"
He kissed me passionately and put the ring on my finger. "I love you, Mathew."
    "I love you, too." He said as he pulled me in for a deeply passionate kiss. "We will take you to the hospital tomorrow to have your arm looked at."