Chapter 5: Welcome to Hell

I must have passed while he dragged me into the building because I woke up not knowing what was going on.
     The man had me strapped to an old chair with a rope. I could not move at all, so all that I could do was scream.
      "What the hell! Let me go!" I yelled out into the dark room.
     The old man came in holding what looked like to be a tool box.    "You damn kids. You will pay for your insolence!" As he said this he sat the box on the table and opened it.
     "Man, look I have no idea what you are talking about! Besides I'm not a kid! Im twenty years old!" I said in shock and fear.
     He pulled out an old blade and ran it across a piece of cloth to shine it.
     "What are you going to do to me?" I shouted as I tried to break loose from the rope.
     "Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!" He yelled at me with a wild look in his eyes.
     I squirmed in the chair and did everything that I could do to break free from the rope that was constricting me. As I tried to break free, the man came up to me and put the point of the blade against my face.
      "You will pay! YOU'LL ALL PAY!" As he said this, he took the blade and cut into my face leaving a large gash across my cheek.
     I screamed out both in pain and fear. As I screamed, the man laughed at me and pulled himself back.
     I managed to break the chair and get the rope off of me shortly after the man cut me. So, I took off running.
     The man chased me down the stairs and outside. He threw a large rock at me and managed o hit me in the left arm.
      God! Someone help me! Luke, anyone! Please! My mind was screaming.
     I felt blood rushing down my arm, but there was nothing that I could do about that now. I just kept running until I got back to the crossroads.
     "My God! What the hell was all that about?" I said out loud as soon as I realized I was alone.
      This time I took the narrow path. I hope that my Luke is okay. What a way to spend my birthday.

-----------------------Luke-----------------------

     Luke woke up at ten that morning and packed all of his things.
      "Damn. I have to turn back. If Mathew makes a wrong turn at the crossroads, it can be catastrophic."
     He started walking in the direction that he had came.   Matty, please be okay. I worry about you. His mind raced with all of the ideas about what could happen to Mathew. He knew that Mathew didn't know the paths.
      He walked for five hours and then stopped to eat lunch. He pulled out a protein shake from his bag and drank it. After he finished it, he put the empty bottle in his bag and continued walking.
     I didn't realize how long I had walked yesterday. Man. I was almost to the campsite. There is no telling how far back Mathew is.