Chapter 12: Shopping and bad news

Malibu's POV:

I woke up to music playing. Not quietly either. Loudly. I groaned and rolled over to check the time, 11:30. Okay, i usually get up at this time in the afternoon but Xavier wore me out.
I lazily got up and threw on panties and one of Xavier's shirts. Walking downstairs and into the kitchen I saw Zoro, Xavier of course, Michael, Jax, Levi, and James. Wow; this is embarrassing.

"Don't look" Xavier scolded them. They quickly turned away at his the tome of his voice. He looked down at me and kissed my lips.

"Today we are going to walk around town. Dress warm. It's chilly out" Xavier said with a smile. I nodded my head and stood on my tippy toes to give him a quick pec.
-
I decided to look cute today, why not? I'm young. Live life to its fullest!
(Malibu's outfit below)

 Live life to its fullest!   (Malibu's outfit below)

I decided to do my makeup. And put my hair into a ponytail. Tahdah! I'm finished.
I grabbed my bag and headed back downstairs where the boys are.

"I'm ready boys" I said as I walked into the kitchen. They all turned towards me and looked at me with their jaws dropped.

"What? Is my outfit bad?" I asked worriedly while looking down at my outfit.

"No no sis. It's just you look beautiful. Xavier is gonna flip when he sees you" Zoro said with a smirk. I blushed and turned away.
Right after, Xavier walked in. He looked up from his phone and saw me. His jaw immediately dropped. I laughed at his reaction.

"You look gorgeous as ever" he said while pulling me to him for a kiss.

"Thank you. We ready?" I asked after I pulled away from the kiss. Everyone said yes. I smiled and walked out with everyone. I love my lil mafia boys.
-
We have been walking around for awhile now and my feet are hurting. Snow is coming down making me even more cold.

"You get used to the cold Cali" Levi joked. Cali? Ohhhhh because I lived in California! Haha I get it. I turned towards him and glared playfully, which made him laugh.

"Alright how about we go to a coffee shop and get warm. Then we need to make a pit stop at the warehouse then we can go home" Xavier said as he pulled me against him as we walked to the closest coffee shop.

In about 5 minutes we arrived at the coffee shop. It felt good once we walked in, nice and warm. It smelled good to.

"It smells good in here" Zoro said. Everyone agreed. Wait, where's Carlos?

"Guys. Where's Carlos?" I asked quickly. Xavier turned towards me and frowned. I'm worried now.

"Carlos is....gone baby. Last night we had a secret mission you didn't know about. These people were after you and they were strong, just as strong as we are. None of men but these guys and Carlos, wanted to help, so Carlos stepped up and asked to do the mission with Zoro and Levi. The mission was complete but Carlos got shot. We tried to save him but it was to late. I'm sorry baby girl" Xavier explained. I bursted into tears and ran out the coffee shop and all the way back to the car. Thankfully I had a spare key because Xavier has the main car keys. I started the car and got warmed back up. I cried and cried and cried. I'm so sorry Carlos.
-
We are home now. All sitting in the living room. The car ride home was silent. They knew I was pissed but they also knew I was sad. My eyes are red and puffy from crying and so was Levi's. Levi and Carlos were close best friends. Hell, we all were close friends with Carlos.

"Guys I'm gonna go upstairs and lay down. I'll see you later" I said before getting up and walking up stairs to my room.
I walked in and got in bed. Today was doing so good until then. They kept it from me but I wouldn't blame them, I would keep it from me to, till the right time. It's only 2:45pm but I'm still gonna take a nap.
Xavier soon came in and laid next to me, holding me close to him.

"I'm sorry Malibu. We tried" I looked up at him and gave him a sad smile.

"I know. And I love y'all for that. I just want to know why? Why him?" I asked with slight anger but mainly sadness.

"I don't know but everything happens for a reason. I know it's sad but don't stress it's bad for the baby" Xavier said softy. I placed my face in the crook of his neck and slowly breathed in. Xavier always smells good. His smell soothes me.
Soon after, I was out cold. Stress really does make you tired.
-
Waking up after a beautiful nap is sad, don't fight me on it.
I got up and headed to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Afterwards, I decided to go downstairs and into the kitchen to fix me some dinner. It's currently 5:30pm, maybe to late for dinner but my baby is hungry and so am I.

I walked into the kitchen to see James cleaning up for the night.

"Hey James" I said tiredly. He looked up at me and smiled but didn't say anything.

"What's wrong?" I asked while looking through the cabinets.

"Xavier wants me to work at the other mafia house because it needs more workers, especially chefs" he said while putting up the cleaning supplies.

"What did you say?" I asked slowly. He frowned.

"Okay" he said while looking down. I sighed and gave him a hug.

"We can always talk through the phone James" I said softly.

"I know but I want to be close to my little sister not 10 hours away" he said with a frown.

"When do you leave?" I asked.

"Tonight at 8"

"Tonight?!" I exclaimed. He nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you James. Just be careful" I said more softly. He smiled lightly and nodded.

"I always am, little dove"

After eating my dinner I decided to call in Zoro.

"Whatcha need little sis" Zoro said happily while walking into the living room.

"My fiancé" I said bluntly. He nodded his head and left the room. Soon after, he walked back in with Xavier

"Why did you choose James to leave?" I asked suddenly. He looked shocked but answered anyways.

"I started up another mafia home 10 hours away from here and they need more people" he said. I rolled my eyes and slumped in my seat, looking down at my belly. I could hear Xavier sigh and sit next to me.

"I'm sorry. I know you love everyone here but he's the best chef I have and right now, my other home needs him" he said softly. I sighed and leaned against him.

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude" I said softly. He chuckled and pulled me close against him, resting his arm around my waist.

"It's okay baby, I understand" he said before rubbing my belly. I sighed with content and leaned into him even more. What would I do without this man?

A/N: chapter 12 is done! I hope you enjoyed:)
Love you my beautiful Daisies 😘