Survivor.2

C/n = crushes name
Also I am trying a new thing with pictures.
-
It's getting colder the closer we get to the mountains. I'm not thinking about my body temperature, I'm thinking about how the cold makes the walkers slow. I count every step and every breath. Nathan's leg has been healing nicely, he hardly limps anymore. We don't really talk but every now and again we clear our throats. I'm not sure why...maybe to make sure we are still here.
"You look tired" He still says obvious things. I look at him blankly...This may be weird to say but he looks good when he's tired. UGHH god I need to ignore my own brain.
"I am tired but I don't have time to be something so stupid" I'm used to the itch in my eyes from the lack of sleep. He raises one eyebrow at me then looks away.
"Should we stop and rest we've been walking for 2 days straight" I hate sleeping when I sleep the nightmares ingulf me and I don't want that to happen right now.
"If you need to rest I will keep watch but only for a couple hours" He stops walking and I turn around to face him. He looks slightly unsettled.
"What?"
"You don't sleep" Again. Obvious.
"I know"
"You can't keep going on like this" All I can think to do is shrug.
"Your body is going to give out" I sigh and look down at my feet. Hmm I still have blood on my boot from that walker's brains I kicked in a couple miles back.
"Are you even listening y/n?" He puts his hand on my shoulder I step away from his grasp.
"Well I don't know what you want me to do...it's not like I have the luxury to sleep and eat whenever I want and or need to" He shakes his head and makes eye contact with me. I hate eye contact it's to personal, so I look at the faded bruise under his eye.

"Let's stop for a couple hours just like you said but this time let me keep watch" He's looking at me way too long

"Fine but I hope you know I think it's a bad idea"
"And why is that?" I just hate sleeping.
"Never mind" Nightmares. I walk off the road towards the woods feeling a bit angry.

"You've gotten really good at building fires" While warming my hands over Nathan's masterpiece Stanley walks over with a stick in his mouth

"I think he wants you too throw it" Nathan says while putting the tent up. I grab the stick from Stanley's mouth and throw it a couple feet away and he runs to fetch it.
-
A few throws later Stanley lays down beside the fire and closes his eyes.
"I think it's time to sleep now" Nathan looks at me expecting me to say yes.
"Only for a couples hours" Maybe he will fall asleep before me so he won't know I didn't sleep. I lay down in the tent and stare at the shadows cast from the fire.
-
"You won't get anywhere with an aim like that love" C/n gets up from his chair and walks towards me.
"Well sorry I have never held a gun"
"Reload and try aiming a little higher"
"Okay but if I knock my teeth out with this I swear" I hold my breath and squeeze the trigger. I hit the can I missed twice before.
"See you just need more practice" He kisses me and pulls me closer. When I pull away and open my eyes I see a hoard of zombies running towards me.
-
"Wake up!" Nathan shakes me and I punch him in the jaw. Shit.
He falls back and grabs his face.
"I'm sorry oh god I'm so sorry" I try and wipe the tears off of my cheeks from the dream I had. He smiles up at me.
"It's okay I think you were having a nightmare I shouldn't have woken you up like that" I sit back down in my sleeping bag, suddenly aware at how sore my legs are. I pull them up to my chest.
"Still...I'm sorry for punching you" Suddenly my head starts to hurt so I lay my head down on my knees.
"I wish I didn't sleep" Nathan sighs and shuffles closer to me.
"I'm sorry"
Why is he so close to me?
"What time is it?"
"Mid day" he shrugs
"What!?" I stand up and pull my hoodie over my head. I open the tent and put my boots on.
"Why did you let me sleep that long Nathan"
"You needed to sleep" He leans against a tree with his arms crossed.
"I told you I didn't have time to be sleeping I will sleep when we get to the mountains" I run my hand through my hair to get the knots out.
"Well now you can walk even longer" I wish I shot him when I found him a few weeks back. Stanley whines and nudges my hand.

"Hey Stan" I knell down to pet him, Nathan digs in his bag and offers me something

"Here eat this you haven't eaten for days" I look at the object in his hand and take it. A small pack of crackers...why is he giving me his food?
"Are you sure?" I hate being babied.
"Listen are you going to eat it or not because I will be happy to take it back" Someone's grumpy.
"Thanks" My cheeks are getting hot.
"While you were sleeping I scouted ahead and saw a farm house" Geez these crackers are dry
"Did it look like anyone lived there?"
"No but just to be safe lets be careful while checking it out"

This was way shorter than the last one but it took me way longer to write. A lot of stuff is on my mind and writing helps me but this time it didn't?? But I hope this is not terrible.