Keys and strings

Nathan's POV WOAAAH

The time display on my alarm clock has been the only thing I've been looking at for the past few hours. The numbers are 4:45. It's just a bunch of meaningless numbers to me. My whole body aches from the lack of sleep, and I can hear my blood rushing in my ears. I'm not going to bother showering I only have one class today. I don't have the patience for the faulty plumbing, I don't feel like being scolded when someone tries to use the sink. A few minutes pass before I finally find the energy to fully get up and get dressed. I slip on my beat up sneakers with ease and I'm out the door. I sigh and see my breath in the air before it disappears. A street light turns off a few feet away.
-
The smell of the main part of the school building is very strange...it's a mix between many different perfumes, photo copier ink, and bleach from last nights janitorial cleaning, plus something else I can't quite put my finger on. It's still very early and not a lot of people are here...but my hearing picks up on a door opening down the hall. Who else would be here except a few teachers, my curiosity gets the best of me. I follow the sound of hushed voices, and paper bags.

Y/n's POV

My alarm goes off for the fifth time but I snooze it yet again. I hate waking up this early. 4:45 to be exact...whoever is awake at this time is either crazy or an insomniac. My phone lights up with a text from Rose.

Meet at 5?
                    Yup...bring some coffee+food??
Of course!
                    Okie dokie! See you in a bit

I grab my shower basket and quickly make my way to the showers. The only good thing about being up this early is that people are still sleeping so I have the showers all to myself. Which means I can sing to my hearts content.
-
I pull my bag over my head and grab my trusty skateboard before locking my dorm room up for the day. The sun is only beginning to rise but I've been up way longer than the sun has. I pull my beanie lower over my ears and push my foot on the ground and set off on my board towards the main building. Mornings like this are so quiet and beautiful...the dew on the grass, the frost on the windows, the birds just beginning to chirp, and the street lights turning off one by one. It fills me with a content feeling you only get on mornings like this. In no time I'm in front of the building I will be in for many hours.
Rose runs up to me with two paper bags and a to go tray.
"I got bagels and coffee" Her face is always so relaxed in the morning. She has a birthmark on the left corner of her mouth but when she smiles it gets swallowed by a deep dimple.
"Toasted?" I grab one of the bags and open it, and I'm immediately drooling.
"Just the way you like it" Rose begins to walk towards the door and holds it open for me. The halls are empty, so I put my skateboard down and cruise towards the music room.
"You are quite a specimen y/n" she whisper yells with bagel in her mouth.
"How do you mean" I turn my head towards her.
"Well you like skateboarding, classical and punk music, you play the piano and the guitar...how are you even a real human?" She giggles and takes a sip of her coffee.
"Haha I don't know my mom and dad were very different so I grew up with both a punk mom and a classical music loving dad" We arrive to the music room and step inside to practice.

A short starter to a 4 parter I have in the works. As for my missing for a couple months I'm sorry a lot has happened but everything is a okay now. I'm back I have RETURNED! Plus my writing has improved so strap yourselves in.

 I'm back I have RETURNED! Plus my writing has improved so strap yourselves in