Absquatulate

absquatulate: (verb)  to leave without saying goodbye.

Narrator's  P. O. V.
A woman sat at the edge of her bed, gently caressing the globe of her stomach.  "Once upon a time, in a faraway land lived a beautiful young girl named Cinderella. . ."

A man leaned at the door, staring at his wife with a smile as he watched her narrate a story to their unborn son. 

". . .and they lived happily ever after. The end."

The woman looked up in shock when she heard the man clapping. "Aigoo." She gasped, patting her chest. "You scared me."

The man laughed, slowly leaning off the door. "Mianada," he smiled, holding his ears between his fingers.

The wife rolled her eyes.  "Yeah yeah. I bet you're really sorry."

Her husband grinned, revealing a set of pearly white teeth.

"Are you just gonna stand there? It's 'Gratitude' time. Hurry up!" The husband walked towards his wife and sat next to her, holding her with one hand and placing the other over her stomach.

"Okay. I'll start." He said.
"I am thankful for my beautiful wife."

The said wife smiled as he nudged her with his shoulder.
"I am thankful for my wonderful husband," she spoke, hands laced with her husband.

"I am thankful for the family I will soon have with my amazing wife and my little soldier." He grinned, leaning down to peck his wife's lips.

"I am thankful for-oh!" The woman gasped in pain, clutching a hand over her stomach. The man's eyes widened in shock, worry replacing it within seconds. "What happened? Is it the baby?"

Without waiting for a reply, he scooped her up in his arms and ran out.

* * *

She was in the operation room. The man paced outside ICU unit, frequently glancing at the clock.

"Choose him." Her words echoed in his mind. "If the situation calls for it. Choose him or I swear to God I will never forgive you."

He chose her. He chose his wife's decision . He chose his son.

Somewhere in Heaven

A young boy sat patiently on the ground, his fingers ever so often playing with the white sand.

He did not know why he was here. Where he was. Or who he was.

"Young boy." A velvety soft voice called.

The child looked up and saw a beautiful woman standing in front of him. She had a certain glow around her and he suddenly felt all of his confusion fade away.

He felt happy.

"Hello, young child." She smiled, introducing herself. "I am the angel of joy."

"A-an angel?" He repeated,  confused. Though he had never heard of this word, he somehow knew that it was something good. Something peaceful.

Someone called her name. "Yah, I told you to wait up." Another 'angel' flew in, landing beside her.

He flashed a grin at the child, bringing his hand up in a wave. "Hello there! I'm Hoseok, The angel of hope! I'm your hope!"