Safe

"Ah~" the young man standing outside his home sighed. "Such a beautiful morning."

"Kim Taehyung!" A loud voice rumbled from the house.

The young man winced as he slowly turned back to see his fuming father.

"Uh..." he paused, trying to devise a plan. "Hi Abbeoji!"

The wooden sword smacked his butt within a second.

He jumped back before his father could land another hit.

"Ow!" He jerked when he bumped into the door. "Umma! Help!"

Light footsteps quickly ran out from one of the rooms and soon his mother appeared outside.

"Taehyung's father!" she shrieked, coming between her husband and son. "What are you doing?!"

"Making sure this bastard doesn't try to trick himself out of training again," the older man replied, trying to carefully push past his wife.

"Ya!" the mother moved in again. "Why can't you do it peacefully?"

"Yes, Abbeoji," Taehyung piped in behind her. "Umma's right. Let's do this peacefully!"

"Why you-!"

"Yeobo!"

Taehyung watched his parents bicker and slowly backed away.

"But he's always running awa- hey!" his father shouted causing him to sprint away from his grasp.

"See you later Abbeoji!" he yelled, grinning as his father's face slowly broke into an annoyed and grim smile. "Love you Umma!"

. . . .

Taehyung smiled as he walked back home with his pockets full of sweets.

"This ought to calm Abbeoji down," he grinned to himself.

On the thought of his father Taehyung suddenly became aware of the heavy sword strapped on his back.

"I hope one day, Abbeoji understands that I do not want to fight," he spoke out loud to no one in particular.
"I'll protect people," he smiled. "Without resorting to violent means as much as possible."

Several footsteps were running behind him when he saw a flash of green hide behind him.

Tiny hands fisted the back of his belt and he eyes the way the child cowered in front of the three men in front of them.
Bruises covered his face and blood dripped from the hand that was tightly holding on to a piece of cloth.

"Hand us the boy, young man. We don't want more trouble," one of the men spoke.

"B-bandits." He heard the boy quietly whimper.

Taehyung stared at the men for a beat and then looked back to the child.

"Run," he told the boy, backing them towards the forests as the bandits took out their weapons. "Don't look back. On the other side you'll find a cabin. Tell them Taehyung sent you, understood?"

Without waiting for an answer, he quickly deflected the dagger thrown their way while the boy bolted into the woods.

"Get him!"

Taehyung blocked the way of the three men, clutching the closed sword in his hands.
In that moment he regretted avoiding the sword fighting lessons with his father.

"How about we do this like men?" he suggested, watching their swords gleam under the sun.

Yep. He gulped. He totally regretted it.

"Or are you too scared?" he taunted, mentally kicking himself.

The three men looked quite normal to be honest. Except for the fact that one had several gold teeth, another had a scar across his face while the third was missing an eye.

But his taunts were getting to them. He could see it in the way their faces twitched.

When they dropped their swords he had to stop himself from sighing in relief.

Okay now. He tried to calm his frantic thoughts as he set his sword aside.

Here we go.

"How long does this have to go on?" Taehyung muttered to himself, weariness reaching his muscles.

He winced when one of the bandits landed a punch on his jaw.
He ducked and picked up some dust in his hand throwing it above him. The scarred bandit fell down with hands covering his eyes while the other two remained standing.
He sweeped his foot across, tripping the one-eyed man on his back before stomping on his hand. As the bandit howled in pain he turned back just in time to avoid the large fist coming his way. He head-butted the huge man causing him a ringing headache. The bandit stumbled holding his head with one hand when Taehyung jabbed him in the ribs. With a final blow he fell down unconscious.

'It's over', he thought, relief overcoming his features. It's- pain burned through him and he gasped. He fell on his knees with the tip of the sword sticking out of his gut.

Blood seeped into the earth as he struggled to get ahold of the sword.
The one-eyed bandit stumbled through his steps when an arrow swished out of thin air and hit him on the chest.

A league of men in armours and colors of red and gold stepped out of their hide-outs.

The Imperial Army.

Blood dripped from Taehyung's mouth but nevertheless he smiled.

Exhaustion slowly took over his body and he thanked the skies for the numbness. He watched as one of the soldiers approached him. He pointed north to where he lived, where, hopefully, the boy arrived safely to his parents.

"Safe," he choked out, dropping his hand.

The soldier nodded, putting his fist over his heart, "Thank you."

Taehyung smiled one last time.

. . . . . .

Somewhere 'over the rainbow'

"Wake up, angel."

A/N: Heyo!
Just wanted to say thank you for the journey so far ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

Oh! And if you are a 9% fan or a Sehun Stan check out Exologist61
She's daebak 👌

Do share, comment and spread the love!
And... *whispers* vote

kanga pelar! 💕