In Her Name

And in the end, when they let my ashes disappear into the wind; tell them, tell them that I did It all for love.

Narrator's P.O.V.
It was a warm day in Seoul University. College students huddled together with their friends and cliques, greeting each other on another new year.

Kim Eun Ji smiled as she basked under the sunlight with her bag hanging off her shoulder. "Ya, Eun Ji-ah!" a soft joyful voice called out.

Eun Ji opened her eyes, her gaze falling on the man walking towards her with a similar grace that they had inherited from their mother.

"Anyeong Oppa," (as in Big Brother) she smiled, closing her eyes again as she tilted her head back.

She did not need to look to know that every eye was on them now, specifically on her older brother, Kim Seok Jin.

After studying most of his life in an all boys school, he had decided to enroll in Seoul University, catching the eyes of almost all the girls' (and a few guys') on campus. Eun Ji later enrolled two years after him, having a similar effect on the males on campus.

Unfortunately for her, the first year of college was nothing short of a nightmare thanks to her dear brother.
All boys had steered out of her way under Jin's scrutinizing glare if they even looked at her and she had been left dateless for a whole year while she watched her brother flirt with a new girl everyday.

Yes, life was tough.

The second year seemed slightly better. There had been talks about a new exchange student from Beijing on campus who was on the same course as her.

The new guy who left broken hearts on his first week on college.

His name was Wu Yi Fan. Better known as Kris.

She remembered listening to one of her friends talking about his background that she had known from a 'source'.
He was half Canadian, fluent in english, cantonese, mandarin and korean, and also (this had made her blush) a great kisser.

She had giggled with her friends as she walked towards the lockers when she saw a bruised-up Kris with one of the seniors.

She instantly decided that their senior needed more medical attention than the new guy. While the teachers escorted the senior to the nurse's office, she noticed Kris slowly slumping away.
She didn't know what came over her. She just opened her locker and took off seconds later with a tiny first-aid kit clutched to her chest.

The moment he saw her he had cracked a smile. Eyeing the first-aid he said," That for me?"

The low lit of his voice had sent shivers down her spine.
And she liked it. A lot.

You could say it was love at first sight.

It started with a date. Then another. And more. She was happy.

The rumor was true as well. He was an amazing kisser.

Getting her brother's approval was the hard part. He hadn't completely approved per se. He had just stared at Kris with a hard look and muttered out a 'Hurt her and no one will find your body'.

Other than that, everything was perfect.

Almost.

Her phone buzzed against her front pocket. She dug out her phone and smiled on seeing her boyfriend's name, "Yeobo- "Eun Ji." he choked out.

Eun Ji froze. His voice didn't sound right. It was as if he was hurt.
"Kris? Are you okay?"

Jin's ears perked in interest and a bit of worry. 'Is everything alright?' his eyes seemed to ask.