His Only Hope

'Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together?
Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences.'

Narrator's P.O.V.
It was D'Day.

Today was a day that a handful of angels would never forget. . .and the rest would never remember.

An angel would reincarnate as a human.

The start of many.

Because before the fall of Taehyung as an angel and his rise as a human, there was (Y/N).

The Angel of Joy.

You see, the job that came with being the angel of joy was that you were to become a judge of your own character. You were to decide on people's happiness. An angel of joy was one who gave the world happiness.

And took away the pain.

And sometimes the pain became too much to handle.

Angels, being made of light and love, could feel every human pain in the world and those who carried the weight of it all. Those like (Y/N). Suffered the worst of it all.

It had been decided that she would be removed of all the pain that she endured. She had given up her gift.

And she would become human.

. . . . . . . .

"(Y/N)-sshi. Will you come back soon?" a 10 year-old Jungkook asked, looking up at the angel who welcomed him to Heaven a decade ago.

She smiled with a sad tilt of her lips.

"Maybe, Kookie." She bent down on her knees and took his small hands in hers.

"If I do, will you be the first to greet.me?" she asked.

The Angel of youth puffed out his chest and replied, "Yes, I will! I promise."

(Y/N) smiled at her friends.

Jin had placed a flower crown on top of her head, while Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook had sang her a farewell song that had brought her to tears.

Nam Joon gave a speech while Yoongi sat by idly, clapping at them.

And a few feet away from them stood Hoseok.

The Angel of Hope.

"We'll miss you a lot (Y/N)."

. . . . . . . .

"Are you going to keep standing there?" (y/N) asked, turning towards her oldest comrade and friend.

"J-hope?"

Hoseok looked up and stared at her.

J-hope. I'm your hope!

(Y/N) had said that to him.

'You can use that when you greet people,' she said

"They're going to make us forget you, aren't they?"

The smile on (Y/N)'s face dropped.

It was true.

"Hoseok. . ." A familiar sadness seeped into her features as she said his name.
"It's for the best."

"How?" J-hope nearly shouted.

"They cannot do this to us. They cannot take our memories and make it as if it never existed. Why- "If they don't do it. . ." (Y/N) voice cut him off.

"I will disappear."

Silence fell on them with her words.

"Angels don't turn human everyday, Hoseok," she said.

"This was the rule. If I remain an angel, the pain will start eating away my grace. And then I'll become a vessel of who I am. I'll become empty and I don't want that, Hope. I-I don't want that."

The air was thick with tension. This was a matter of life and insanity.

"Nothing can ever be truly forgotten. Memories aren't meant to be tampered with so you won't completely forget me."

He listened to her words but the distress was still there. She could feel it as if her wings were being pulled.

"I'll become a story in your head. Like the lullaby children forget as they grow old. But I hope-" she cracked a grin.

"I hope you'll remember this story. Of how an angel of joy became human. You'll remember me through this story, won't you J-hope?"

Hoseok smiled with trembling lips.
"Of course I will."

"You'll remember me in a way. . . even though I won't be able to remember you. That's a bit unfair don't you think?"

He shook his head. He wanted to hold her in his arms. Tell her not to leave him. Tell her that he'd help her. Tell her that he loved her.

"None of this is fair." he said.

Nothing ever was.

The sky seemed brighter now. And the air became warmer.
(Y/N) paused with a small smile.

"It's time."

. . . . . . . . .

The two angels stood by the partition in Heaven. This was the road between Heaven and reincarnation.

This was the place that people called 'Afterlife'. The Other Side.

J-hope stood behind as he watched her walk in front.

"You'll remember me, won't you?"

This was it. It wasn't guaranteed that either of them would remember. If they would meet again.

If they could meet again.

J-hope watched and watched as she continued walking forward.

"(y/n)," he called out, unable to resist the urge not to.

She paused and then slowly turned her head back. Tears gathered in the corners of her eyes as her lips lifted into a small smile.

A tiny burst of happiness spread inside of him.

His eyes widened ever so slightly.

She still had her gift

"Goodbye J-Hope," she smiled. She inched towards the Other Side and a soft glowing light engufled her whole body.

And then, she was gone.

Some days later. . .

"Good Morning, hyungs," Jungkook smiled, greeting his fellow angels.

"Ya, hyung." J-hope spoke up with a pleading face.

"Can you tell us the story about (Y/N)?"

A dark look passed through him for a split second until a smile broke through.

"Again?" he asked

J-hope smiled sheepishly. "I really like her story."

Remember me. . .

a/n: An-yong-ha-se-yo!
hey dear readers! as u could see, I couldn't write about killing him. So. . . I brought in you! I.e. (Y/N)
I hope you liked this chapter 😘😚
Saranghaja!

Do share, comment and spread the love!
And... *whispers* vote

kanga pelar! 💕