Light

Loud laughter and soft giggles filled the hallways of high school.

Yoongi leaned against his locker, his black hoodie obscuring people's view of his profile.

He watched with clenched fists as Min Joo and Jung Hyun, Captain and goalie of the soccer team, passed a student's bag to each other before finally throwing it over the lockers.

His jaw tightened when Hyun, his kinda friend and the one who was being bullied, smiled and laughed hesitantly, "Very funny guys. See you in class!"

"You have to stop kissing up to those jack-asses," he muttered.
"I'm not kissing up to them!" Hyun replied. "Today just feels like a good day."

* * *

Yoongi ran as quietly as he could across the empty hallways. Behind him, two pairs of feet thumped heavily on the floor followed by a light click of heels.

"Here!"

He opened the farthest door from the entrance in hopes of fooling the gun-man. Hyun.

Something had snapped inside of him today.

He was too happy. Too calm. And then he wasn't.

Yoongi had watched his face change like a shadow falling on his face. Time slowed down when he saw the glint of the gun.

The gurgled and pained screams haunted his thoughts.

He locked the door, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Shut up!" Min Joo hissed at the whimpering girl.

"Shh!" He brought a finger to his lips then whispered, "Do you hear it?"

Seconds passed by and silence filled the room when-
"Kang Seo Hyun, you are surrounded. Release the hostages and surrender peacefully. I repeat. Kang-"

Yoongi felt his heart beat erratically, fear gripped his mind and he struggled to breathe.

"Okay. Think," he muttered to himself. "Think of a way out."

He clenched his trembling hands into fists and then his eyes fell on the dumbbell lying on the ground.

"This is the locker room," he whispered with wide eyes.

"So what?" Jung Hyun snapped.

"This is the locker room," he repeated.
"There has to be a door that leads outside to the stadium!"

"There is," Min Joo answered, exchanging looks with his friend. "Follow us."

Bam!

"Found you!"

Ah Jung screamed and the others jerked back as they watched Hyun's maniacal smile through the glass. He knocked with the gun in his hand and asked, "What are you doing?"

The smile dropped when he couldn't open the door. With an agitated voice he repeated, "What are you doing?!"

"Run!"

Yoongi ran after the others towards the door. Gunshots rang behind him and soon he heard footsteps running after them. "Come on! Hurry!"

He could see it. Bright light and green grass. He was just a few more feet away from freedom.

A high pitched shriek cut off his thoughts. His steps faltered as he looked back and he skitted to a halt when he saw Ah Jung on the floor.